USA Movers Express - Ghost Moving Consultants and Liars

Review by MrclintWilson on 2014-06-12
Rating: StarEmpty StarEmpty StarEmpty StarEmpty Star
OWNING, MARYLAND -- To start, I was contacted by this person named Lile Duff, but when things started getting way out-of-hand and twisted by Mr. Clyde McClelland a moving consultant of USA Movers, Mr. Duff was nowhere to be found. When I asked and requested to speak with him to clarify matters, the shady moving consultant told me he never heard of this person! At that point, I knew I was in trouble.

At the end USA Movers was holding my property against my wishes and would not ship them to me, because I will not send them a photo copy of my credit card.

I have fulfilled all of the agreements as stipulated in our contract. USA Moves was supposed to move my property from Vienna, VA on May 23, 2014, and deliver them to me in Indianapolis Indiana on June 2, 2014. I have cooperated with their demands regarding the overweight property charges that I content they conveniently played ignorant too because they knew they planned to charged me a higher pay rate either by cubic foot or by weight then what they have originally computed, which was .44 a pound. Before USA movers left my house in Vienna, VA they were trying to get me to agree to a charge of .65 a pound for the weight that they suspected was over the estimated weigh. However, I told their representative that I would only agree to .55 cents per pound.

Moreover, Mr. Clyde McClelland, movers express moving specialist informed me on May 23, 2014 the day their company took my property from my house that once my property was on their truck it was going to be in Indiana on June 2, 2014, the day I told they I absolutely needed them to deliver the property. Because of the gross weight miss estimation, they contacted me on May 27, 2014 and said that there was approximately 3300 lbs. that was over our estimated weight and that they was assessing .55 cents per pound to it and they was going to contact me before I left Vienna, VA, on Friday, which
was May 23, 2014, and have paid them $1,063.00 half of the total amount needed; as they requested.

On June 2, 2014 Mr. Clyde McClelland’s so-called supervisor (spoke very little correct English)call me telling me that I owed them $3258.90 more than what was previously stated, and that I needed to send them an additional $1,629.45 now before they ship my property. They stated that my property have not left the area and that it was in their warehouse in Maryland, and they could not and will not ship my property until I send them $1,629.45 and once they received that amount they would have my goods loaded up on one their trucks and shipped either that same day or the next day. I requested that we do a credit card charge to my credit card for the amount of money their requested. According to my credit card statement there was $1710.49 charged to it on June 3rd; I believe the $81 increase was a 5% surcharge.

After I confirmed with Mr. Clyde McClelland that the money was received, I ask him to ship my house hold goods immediately; the story changes to we don’t have any vehicles available but we will ship your property once one comes available. I requested for an estimated delivery date. Mr. Clyde McClelland, stated that he could not give me an estimated delivery day. I contacted him every day during the week of June 2nd requesting for this information and each time he replied with the same answer, “I don’t Know”. On June 6th while asking for my property, he now tells me that his company needs a photo copy of my credit card before they ship my property; I told him I don’t feel comfortable sending them a copy of my credit card especially after they successfully charged and received $1710.49 from my credit card. Later in the day, the supposedly owner call me saying that they will not ship my property until I send them a Photo copy of my credit card and again I explained that I have paid the amount of money you requested and I did not feel it was necessary nor did I feel comfortable sending them a copy of my credit card. He replied that he will not ship my property until I do so. I explained that I will be contacting the local police and filing property conversion charges against them.

Your Name:
(displayed with your comment)
Your E-mail:

Your Experience/Advice:
Check spelling

By clicking submit you agree that you have read and accept the Terms of Service & Privacy Policy.

Note: All comments are reviewed by a moderator before being published. Please be sure to read our guidelines before commenting.