Brutally Bad Customer Service at Lowes!
GREENWOOD VILLAGE, COLORADO -- I wanted to purchase a GE Profile Gas range from Lowes for which I placed an Order at the Store
LOWE'S OF GREENWOOD VILLAGE, CO #0311
9100 EAST PEAKVIEW AVENUE
GREENWOOD VILLAGE, CO 80111
Phone: (303) 220-8737
Fax: (303) 220-8562
1) The day I made the purchase I was told that They can get the Gas Range on the following Friday.
2) The day after I made the purchase I got a Call from an associate at Lowes Thanking me for the Purchase. Thats when I was told that the Range would be there the Following Friday (28th Of April 2006) and Since I had requested the Delivery and Install on a "Saturday" he said That, that was possible and would be done that way.
3) So came Friday(28th April 2006) and I called Lowes and No One Had any clue as to when my Unit would be delivered. Infact the Install Service Rep gave me the Phone number of the Installer and asked me to schedule an appointmwnt with him directly. I left the installer two messages. He finally called me in the evening and told me that He was not working for Lowes anymore. I asked him, since When? and he told me "Since about a month ago". So I called back the Insall Service Dept of Lowes and the Guy (cannot remember his name) told me that " This was news to me!". No one was aware that their installer (atleast whom they thought was their installer) was no longer working for them.
4) I made repeated calls that day and then Saturday and then Sunday which is when I had the Worst Customer service Experience Ever by The Install Rep named "Gary" . His Tone was the most Rude I had ever Heard and rather than solving my problem he was trying to intimidate me. He constantly kept on saying " if you interrupt me once more I will disconnect the call Okay" And then I said "Yes" To which he repeatedly kept on asking me me "Okay?? Okay??" Just intimidating me in the most DisRespectful fashion.
5) So Then I yelled and ended that conversation. I was extremely frustrated by then and called Lowes Main Customer service number: 1-800-445-6937 So that I could cancell my order. The lady who answered my call was good and she redirected me to the Operations Manager of that Lowes Store named "Anissa".
6) Anissa offered me a 10% discount so that I did not to cancel my order, which I did'nt. She told me that the 10% discount was for the inconvinience caused to me.
7) I also Asked her that I cannot take any more days off so I needed the Delivery and Install on a Saturday. She promised to call me on the following Monday (May 1st 2006) which she didn't. So I called instead at 5:00pm and I was told that she was out for lunch (yes at 5:00pm) and that I should call back later. I specifically asked the Customer Service Rep who answered the call as to How long she would be working there and I was told till the close of the day (10:00pm). So I called back at about 8:45pm and I was told that she had left for the Day.
8) So then I called the following day (Tuesday - May 2nd 2006) to talk to Anissa and I was told that she was in training and that she would be back in on Wednesday May 3rd. I left a message for anissa with the Customer service Rep with my name and bunch of other relevant details about my order.
9) So then I called on May 3rd (Wednesday) and she was not in that day too. I asked for the Store's manager and got to talk to Bill, Which I was later on told that he was the Store's Zone Manager. Explained the Whole situation again to him and he promised to get it resolved. He also told me that he will Definitely call me back that Day.
10) I did not receive a call from himthat Day. So I called up the very next morning (Thursday May 4th 2006) and spoke with Bill and he said he had called and even left me a Voice mail. I am still waiting for that Voice mail till date). I am sure he dialed the wrong number. Anyways He told me that He is still trying to figure out who the installers are.
11) The next day (Friday 5th May) I called up the store again and spoke with Anissa and she told me that Michelle was working on getting the installers figured out since there was some messup with the installers. She kind of indicated to me that the ball is out of my court now. Please be calling Michelle which to me is a great indicator of Poor service.
12) Its 8th May (Monday) today and I have still not heard about my Order.
13) So I made another call (Don't even know what Date now. and spoke with Michelle in the Install Department. She told me that I would have to work directly with the Installers which was now even more frustrating to hear. So I told her that I have dealt with enough of this and I need answers upon which she softened her tone and told me that she would find out whats going on with my delivery and get back to me (I think another tactic to get rid of a customer rather than helping one).
14) I waited for about 2 hours for Michelle to call me back but nothing. I was by then running out of patience and being given the Run Around. I then made a call to the Lowes Main Customer Service Number again and told them about my problem. They went over my Order and the Notes so far and apologized to me about the treatment given to me so far. This was the first time I think someone from Lowes as a Company had apalogized to me for the Bad treatment and service that I had got. They said they will look into the matter.
Guess what? Michelle called me back within about 5 minutes of me making that call to Lowes Main Customer Service. She told me that She contacted the Installer who Sub contracted with another Install Company in Colorado. This Subcontractor installer did not get a copy of the Insall Order. So she contacted the Main Install company and they too did not receive the install Order but Michelle remembered faxing it to them. Another Mess at Lowes? Someone dropped the ball somewhere AGAIN! So she Faxed them the Install order again.
15) At this point I was so frustrated that I just wanted to order the same GE Gas range from Home Depot. So I ended up making a Call to the main Customer Service Line at Lowes again and asked them to cancel my order. They transferred me this time to the Store's Manager (don't remember his name). This time it was the Store's Manager and not the Store's Zone Manager. I requested him to cancel my order. He asked me to explain to him why I wanted to cancel my order upon which I told him "NO Sir, I will not Explain this Whole thing again. I have already done this three times. I just want my order cancelled". He then I guess found the Notes on my Order and started going through and stalling me. He asked me if this was a special order upon which I said I don't think so. So since there was no way to save this order he asked me in that sarcastic tone, "U sure you wanna cancel this order? I said yes, he said OOOOOOKaaaaaayyy. Yeah Just like that in that tone".
It seemed like at that Lowes store no one seemed to care about my problem. Everyone just wanted to give me Some BS answer and get off the phone as quickly as possible.
As the old axium goes, if you make your customer happy you've made one person happy. But if you mistreat your customer, he will share that experience with 9 other people. Or maybe worse, on a forum board or Boards on the internet.
BTW I have ordered a the Gas Range from Homedepot and I cannot even BEGIN to describe the Difference in treatment and the smoothness of operations (with the 10% discount) between the two stores. Home depot was WAY WAY WAY Better in service Quality and Customer care. I think they understand what the Word Customer Service means where as Lowes in my opinion Absolutely does not.
Note: I will not be doing business with Lowes anymore. My experience in Totality was Extremely extremely Poor.