Ashley Furniture Complaint - Never Buy From Ashley Furniture Home Stores
CALGARY, ALBERTA -- I have recently fallen into a scam, On January 28 2006, we bought a leather living room set from Ashley Furniture Home Stores (88 Heritage Gate SE Calgary, AB T3A 6G5 Calgary, AB T2H3A7) at Calgary location. The unit was bought brand new not a floor model. We received the unit on Feb 26, 2006. Upon receiving, we checked the units for any possible damages. And indeed we found the following damages:
1) Sofa: Loose frame, Loose feet, Scratches on the leather, crack in the wood frame, leather Wrinkle at the back and both the left and right hand are caved in.
2) Love seat: same as the sofa.
3) End table & Coffee table: scratch/crack in the Marble
In addition to the above problems the delivery guys has left the furniture upside down in the middle of the room (sofa and love seat were laid on their back) as you can see from the attached photos. As it wasn't bad enough, the delivery company damaged the drywall. And as of yet, it hasn’t been fixed
After two weeks their inspector shows up on March 9 to asses the situation and see if it can be fixed at our home. According to his evaluation of the damage, it is a major operation that can't be easily repaired on spot. It requires the removal of the unit back to his factory for repair. He advised us that the arms for both the sofa and love seat has to come off to be re-padded, the wooden frame has to be removed as well and for the leather scratches he can not do anything about them except of adding a colour to cover the scratches.
On March 25th they have provided us with replacement set which again all three pieces where damaged, We have refused to accept the second time damage furniture.
Then they have advised us that they will not exchange them but will be repaired. On May 25th we to receive the furniture and again it was in terrible conditions.
The following are some of the major new damages that we have seen (3rd time):
1) Love seat: Scratch marks on the left arm, first and back. A Tear in the leather on the Right arm towards the lower part. (This was not repaired we have noted this the first time we got the furniture). The left arm require re-padding as it seems that something heavy has been placed on top of it causing it to sink.
2) Sofa: Scuffs on leather top and back cushion, sides. A leather wrinkle on the right arm--- it appears that the seat was placed upside down which cause this damaged to the leather.
3) Marble top still had the scratch on it plus a burn mark (new)
All three pieced where in a terrible condition an incredible amount of dust and dirt was on both seats. The damaged caused to this furniture was even more than the first time we have seen these pieces.
Again we have rejected all pieces as it does not meet the minimum standards for the quality furniture Ashley company claims they got or even minimum standards for new furniture. In many cases used furniture would be better than what I have seen yesterday.
When I contacted them the following was the respond:
Our technician inspected the pieces and found the following;
Sofa - 2 loose threads on one cushion
- 1 loose thread on back panel
- 2 small rub marks in back bottom edge leather
- 2 small rub marks in back lhf coner leather at bottom
- wrinkled leather in rhf arm
Love -small rub marks on both corners of wood squares that feet attach to small scar on inside back panel-falls within manufacturers specs
- wrinkles in both arms
Table - orange mark in marble. Normal marble markings.
In my opinion it would take about .5 to 1 hour to fix all these concerns.
The above is not what we have seen and yet does not come close to the real conditions the furniture was in.
They are refusing to refund us the money and I can not accept the furniture in this condition, we have paid $5,000.00. We feel we have fallen into a scam and I do not know what to do from here.
I have contacted The BBB which they told me that the company has unsatisfactory report our
I also have tried to contact the ASHLEY Corp. (Head office in the states) But they told me that the stores are independently operated and they can not help me, I have to deal with the store which was a shock for me as I was thinking I buying from a well known name but….
More Reviews on Ashley Furniture: