Wendy's Complaint - Bad old Fries and Giant Drinks? It's a Large at Wendy's
VERO BEACH, FLORIDA -- DRIVE-THRU WINDOW, TWO VALUE MEALS. LARGE.
I used to love eating Wendy's hamburgers. Now, I have to hope for the best, and get really, really let down. After tonight, I have to figure it's best not to risk my insides on hours-old fries. Do I expect a lot? No. Do I expect anything? Yes. I expect something since I am spending my money on something. I get free air, thanks.
WENDY'S, 6210 20th St., VERO BEACH, FL. By the Indian River Mall. (Vero is near Melbourne, on the central eastern coast. About an hour north of West Palm Beach.)
1. Whoever took our order and our money at the first window seems to have gotten it right, and was pleasant. The lack of: quality, actual ingredients, freshness was only slightly good since my meat was clearly warm and wife's chicken tasted just OK. We order the "large" meals which, based on what we got, meant that we got a huge drink with our order, and that's it. Correct or not? Not the way it was supposed to be.
2. ENTREES - I ordered a double with cheese. I saw no cheese on it. Wife's was OK - chicken nuggets. It is possible to goof up those?
3. FRIES - three things were wrong with the fries:
a. They were old - pale, orangish in color, oddly crispy, dry and looked overly cooked.
b. There was no salt on them, it appeared.
c. We got two different sized containers, even though we ordered two LARGE Meals. Neither one had many fries in them.
4. We were handed our order, and the apparently very quiet and unhappy girl at the second window didn't say a darn thing. Not 'thanks,' not 'that's your whole order,' not even 'you can drive thru now, Mister.'
5. It appears that at least the young guy who took our order spoke, and understood English, which is better than at some fast food places I've been to in Florida.
6. I like receipts. Can I get one with my order? Apparently not. Just the little debit card receipt, nothing that shows what I ordered so I can compare. Maybe I paid for two half-filled things of greasy fries and a double burger without any cheese. Hmm.
7. NEVER AGAIN. The food -- namely, the fries and the lack of them -- sucked so bad that we are determined to not ever waste a meal at Wendy's again. Unless some great reason for why the food and effort were so poor -- like the place was being robbed inside and everyone had to pretend to behave normally, or everyone who touches the orders is legally blind with a head injury and cannot handle adding cheese and salt nor checking how old fries are -- unless some great reason like those comes about, forget Wendy's now. The list is getting long.
I have not set foot in a McDonald's in about five years because they smell funny, the food has been for some time some of the worst possible in the civilized world. Now, thanks to Wendy's terrible managment in this place (and this, to me, is clearly MORE than a bad reflection on a SHIFT MANAGER) I will not visit Wendy's again. Not only because I got crappy fries and my cheese was forgotten, but this is more than likely something that goes on there all the time. I felt sorry for the tired manager I talked to. This poor gal probably figures that management job is the best she can do, from the sound of it. Simply, emotionlessly, telling me she would give my money back. In the context of the conversation, it was very sad.