Best Buy Informative - Shoddy, Lying and Rude Treatment
STERLING, VIRGINIA -- On June 4, 2006, we purchased a $2,635 Samsung LCD T.V. at store # 0146 (Sterling, VA).
Tom and Zachary were the two sales clerks that "helped" us. Here are the following reasons that I will NEVER shop at Best Buy again:
- The terminals were down causing Tom/Zach to not be able to locate inventory in the warehouse
- We waited for an hour and half in the store while they made phone calls to other stores to locate merchandise
- They mentioned that they had found a Samsung LCD T.V. in Annapolis, MD - an hour and half away and would have it shipped
- Upon ringing us up, it took 20 minutes since the system was down and a manual entry of our credit card needed to ensue.
- A week later, upon my calling, I found out that the order had never been placed and there was no record of our purchasing a T.V.
- When I went to the store for a refund, the manager, Paula, disappeared for 15 minutes with my receipt.
- When I found her in another section of the store, I asked if there would be any problem with the return. Her response was, "I just needed to get approval. A little patience on your part is required."
WHAT?! WE GAVE BEST BUY $2635.00 AND BEST BUY FAILED TO PROVIDE A PRODUCT IN RETURN!? I HAD TO MAKE AN EXTRA TRIP TO GET A REFUND INSTEAD OF HAVING THE T.V. SET IN MY HOME BY NOW? WHILE I WAS BEING VERY POLITE AND NOT BLAMING A SOUL, THE MANAGER (INSTEAD OF SAYING "SORRY"), ACTUALLY HAD THE AUDACITY TO SAY THAT I NEEDED TO BE PATIENT?!
I will absolutely never again set foot in another Best Buy. After wasting two hours because of broken systems, lying clerks, failure to even place a simple order and being treated rudely by the manager, I have no reason to shop there.