HSBC India Complaint - Fraud Practices, Mal-Practice To Meet Targets.
BOMBAY -- This is with regards to my requirement of opening account with HSBC ANDHERI WEST branch in India, I approached them to open account with 600$/account ( Around 25000 INR) which is minimum requirement. I wanted to to open four accounts for my family. Made a start with opening my account first and rest three accounts after few days.
Few sales people convinced me to open premier account with 1.5 million INR (approximately 33500 us$)which I accepted with internet banking, debit card, phone banking and assurance to be served and answered for any problems within 24 hours.... with premier features.
To my wonder i found following rip off practices even before and while opening my first account:
1. Two persons in Bank stated that my immigration visa and passport both are invalid which was presented for id and NRI status, which was fixed up by their higher up.
2. My account was opened after 10 days for which i was promised within 24 hours and in last 4weeks internet banking not activated, inspite of many calls and emails.
3. My first email was replied after 12 days stating that i will need to deposit 2.5 million INR to keep premier account.(rest of questions not answered)
4. Till now no status on opening rest of three accounts, inspite all process carried out. However verbally account number has been sent to me by SMS( again a crude way of doing banking and opening account), but so far not received any official communication, check book or debit card.
5. Got letter from HSBC main branch that my internet banking is not included but my branch states that since I do not know how to register so i am not able to use internet banking, where as I have used all the banks in world with intenet banking.
6. Most of executives in HSBC India, are around the age of 21 to 27 freshly passed out of bank, who hardly knows how to respond to customer in professional way. They are just asked to do target to remain in job , by whatever means. These are the reasons why these crooks do all kind of manipulation to get customers, forgetting quality and professionalism using all defrauding practices.
All that they know is good English and a tie in neck by which they feel they could render good service is a real myth and brainwash.
This is another Bank in India apart from ICICI to be avoided since a customer can be taken for raid to any level to keep them in job to meet their targets. However my experience with HSBC in another countries are marvelous and great with my business accounts. thinking that I planned to open account back home, but got knifed by crooks.
I was cheated, wrongly promised of so many things. and till today , i am sitting on square waiting to hear for status of my rest of three accounts and activation of internet banking and , I am duped to deposit another 1 million to keep promised status of premier account.
The service really sucks.... the following people approached me and came to collect check of 1 million Rupees early in morning when I was sleeping apart from 1/2 million Rs. already deposited even without any update on account status and relevant facilities.....
BEWARE OF HSBC INDIA.
( also they sent me leather made accessories(along with first account check book and terms book let) which was refused and objected.But HSBC has no word on it for my ethics and feelings.)
More Reviews on HSBC India: