Home Depot Informative - Going On 6 Weeks With Bare Concrete
SAVANNAH (VICTORY DR), GEORGIA -- Since I've already taken the time to write a letter to Home Depot's corporate offices (a necessity since I've recieved no return call from the store manager ) outlining my ongoing horror story, I'll simply repost it here. However, I will pre-empt it with a caution. Don't get sucked into using Home Depot for a major home project simply because of deferred interest offers and discounts. At the end of the day, you become the looser.
The following is a re-print of my complaint letter:
Recent unfortunate events in working with your company have caused me to write this letter. It is important that you are away of the many reasons why this Home Depot customer will not be doing any further business with your organization and why I will further make it a point to share this harrowing experience with my business associates, family and friends.
In May 2006, I made a decision to purchase a hardwood floor installation through Home Depot. This decision was made after much consideration as my previous flooring project with your company had many similar challenges such as the carpeting being delivered to another town, delays, and miscommunications. However, I gave your company the benefit of the doubt and proceeded with this large hardwood flooring project.
· No professional guidance in selecting appropriate material for home – the estimator is not available to make product suitability suggestions
· Installation concerns are addressed only at time of installation – often too late.
· New product order availability not checked – new product was not in stock and has been on back order for 5 weeks. I would have selected a different product had I been advised.
· The delivery of the new product has been misquoted 3 time resulting in scheduling issues, time lost from work and a general inability to make summer plans.
· Revision of order paperwork not timely – new order paperwork too 2 weeks to resolve.
· Revised paperwork incorrect – this required many hours of my own personal time to assist your associates in correcting simple mathematical errors, cost changes, etc.
· Deferred interest period on my Home Depot charge is progressing without any product or installation activity.
· No pro-activity in communication – back order status and other bad news comes only when I call to check on status.
The sum total of these events has resulted in a family living with no flooring, bare concrete in our house in excess of 6 weeks, unexpected additional cost, time away and money lost from work, and has overall cast a dark shadow on the summer vacation plans of this family. My home has been aesthetically reduced to the level of a warehouse and I’m not sure there is any end in sight.
I feel it is important to point out that on an individual level, the staff I have worked with have been courteous but seem to be challenged to work within a system that fails miserably.
As a company that promotes a “you can do it, we can help” identity, my only response is, I have “Had to do it – you’ve provided no help”.
More Reviews on Home Depot: