Dell Computer Corporation Complaint - Dell's Customer Service Menuing is the worst
On July 12th a message popped up on my computer that my warranty was about to expire. Following is a 7 day 5 hour excursion of what I had to go through to find help in renewing my warranty:
I clicked on the pop up screen to fill my information and the information was deemed invalid. I tried several times without success. I then clicked on an E-Mail link for troubleshooting. I sent an E-Mail. I never received an E-Mail back.
Five days latter, I try to find a link that would reconnect me to the original Pop-up, and could not find one. I sent another E-Mail asking for help. Here is the return E-Mail I got from Jose:
"I apologize for the trouble you have gone through in trying to get your issue resolved. I resolve and own customer issues, provide case ownership, and accept escalations from a variety of areas. In order to renew your contract you will have to call customer care at 1-800-274-7799. They will then get whatever information they need and your method of payment."
I responded with: This is very troubling. I have been trying to contact the correct person at Dell today, have been given the total run-around.
The numbers I have been given on Friday, July 21st are:
1) 1-800 247-4618 - told it was the wrong place and I need to call
2) 1-800-695-8133 - told it was the wrong division and I needed to call
3) 1-800-247-4618, hit #2 and #3 - Told I would be transferred to the right department, after 10 minutes the line went dead.
4) Used the number from this E-Mail number: 1-800-274-7799 - told it was for a different department. Told prices, and picked the one year plan of $40. Told he could not write contract and would have to transfer me. Waited 8 minutes before line was cut off again.
5) Received an Invoice from Dell. Price was $139 (different than the quote) and the time line was different. The message on the bottom of the quote stated: If you would like to discuss your quote or you have a question about other Dell products please call a Dell Service Sales Representative at (888) 673-9434. I have no clue what initiated this Invoice/E-Mail. The numbers were totally different then what was discussed.
6) Called 888 673-9434 and after a couple of transfers, was told that it was the wrong department again. Gave me a new number.
7) Called 800 999-3355 ext: 7266966. Told I had the wrong department again and that I needed to call another extension.
8) Called 800 999-3355 ext: 7288714. Again told that this was hardware sales and that they could not give me extended warrantee contracts as it was not in their department. Also, stated the correct depart was now closed for the day.
I returned an E-Mail to Jose asking: What's going on???? I have been trying for 5 days to get through. I have sent E-Mails, phoned, tried to log in, and spent about 3 hours on this project. One of the E-Mails I did receive stated if I let my warrantee expire, there would be an additional fee. I think my warrantee expired on Friday.
Jose responded with: "I apologize for your trouble in getting this issue resolved, but I have provided the correct number for you to call. There is no email address or anyone else to forward this issue to. You must call the appropriate number that I have provided to you twice now, and they will assist you."
I called your number again at 1:30 PM. After two menu choices, I was able to talk to Kim. Who took my information and transferred me to: "The Right Department." The right department turns out to be 8 more menu choices. At the end of the 8th choice, a person stated Mr ???? is not available. Please leave a message. Then in the middle of the message, another person came on the line. This was another customer trying to order parts.
I called the number you gave me again, went through 3 menu choices, was asked the same questions and transferred to another line. After 6 menu choices, I get a "Wait will be for more than 10 minutes" message. It is now 1:52. It has been 22 minutes and I still have not talked to any one who can help me.
I finally got through to an Edgar. He took my information again, stated: "Hold on to that Service Tag Number for just a second." One minute latter, a Julie answered the phone. Edgar had not told me he was transferring me. I again gave Julie my information and she stated that an Amanda had waited on me and that she could not finish the sale as that was against the rules. I would have to wait until Amanda was available. Julie also told me that ‘Home Sales’ had extended warrantee at $40 for one year, but ‘Educational Sales’ needed $95 for the same contract. It is now 2:15.
I was finally given the information I was searching for and picked a plan. I asked if there was a place I could file a grievance and the person told me to contact "Lost Caller" at 800 879-3355, ext: 45678. When I called the number, it would only take 7 digit extension numbers. Imagine that!!!!
Jose on his first E-Mail stated: "I resolve and own customer issues." I guess this is another false statement from Dell.
This is a very sad representation of the Dell company. Makes you almost not want to renew.