The Hartz Mountain Corporation Complaint - Pet Dog Fatality - Dental Tooth Scrubber/small/medium dog toy
My beloved pet dog, a 3 year old Chihuahua, recently died as a result of an intestinal obstruction caused by these potentially life threatening chew toys.
He had chewed so vigorously, the toy and it's many pieces came apart. He swallowed a piece of the round hotdog shaped tube center which had held all the pieces together.
The toy's package labeling warns to supervise your pet during it's use and replace, if excessive wear or damage occurs.
I believe any toy which holds a warning and risk of causing bodily harm or even death, is NOT WORTH PURCHASING/AND OR BEING GIVEN to a dog.
I discovered, unfortunately too late, that any non organic chew toys, are not usually recommended by veterinarians because of this various situation. If this fatality had been a child, the product's danger would be featured in the news, taken immediately off the market, followed with other pertinent consumer notification efforts and product recalls.
I hope to spare others the shock, pain, and grief, I so intensely experienced with the sudden loss of my little buddy and companion. So, BUYERS BEWARE, dog chew toys, marketed to end-user consumers, as being healthy and safe, may actually contribute to the untimely and tragic death of a beloved pet.