Time Warner Cable Complaint - Worst customer service EVER
NEW YORK, NEW YORK -- Documented below is a log of my 2+ week saga to have Time Warner fix my phone and internet service. Over the years I have encountered both good and bad customer service, but I can honestly say that this is the worst customer service I've ever experienced. I finally decided to cancel my service after the latest interaction today and have signed up for phone and internet service from Verizon and TV through a company called NuVisions. I did not want to switch service, but I made the decision that I could no longer give my business to Time Warner if this is how they were going to treat their customers! I would discourage anyone else from buying their services as well, and I don't think you will if you take the time to read what I went through...
Time Warner Issues
- I first noticed problem with the phone service. My voice was cutting in and out intermittently. The problem was not happening that frequently and I believed the problem was related to my phone.
- After a period of time, and looking for a new phone, I realized that i was having the same issue on mulitple phones and that it must be a service issue, not a phone issue.
- My first of what would be many calls to customer service. I called to tell them I was having a problem with my service. They took diagnostics and said that they would send it to the tech guys for analysis. They then told me I would be contacted with 48 hours with the results.
- After never being contacted by Time Warner (despite it being over 100 hours since I last called), I called customer service again.
- The operator tells me I have a definite problem with my line and that they need to schedule an appt. The earliest appt. is Sat, 8/26 for between 10 and 2. I take that appt because I have no choice, even though I don't want to wait 4 days for the problem to be fixed.
- I wait around for the tech until 1:50. At this time i call Time Warner to verify the tech is still coming. The cs rep says that he is still scheduled and will arrive shortly.
- Around 4:00 I call back, the tech not having shown up, and am informed my appt. has been cancelled because I didn't answer my phone. The tech apparently called me at 3:50, almost 2 hours after the scheduled window. This despite the fact that I had been in my apartment waiting ALL DAY. It also never occurred to the tech that he might not be able to call me, even though he was coming out to FIX MY PHONE! I am told by the cs rep that I must re-schedule and the next available appt. is Tuesday. I ask to speak to a supervisor and am placed on hold. 15 minutes later the phone system hangs up on me.
- I call back and ask to speak to a supervisor again. I also ask the cs rep "have you had other customers complain about getting hung up on after waiting on hold for a long time". Her reply was simply "oh yes". I am put on hold again for a supervisor. About 10 minutes later I get a supervisor on the phone and she asks if she can call me back on my cell because the phone is cutting out (duh, that's why I'm calling), so I give her my phone number. As she's hanging up, she says "I'll call you right back".
- Approximately 2 hours later she finally calls my cell phone and explains that her supervisor came to her desk and then she forgot about it. She first tells me Tuesday is the earliest appt and then after I explain that I do not want to wait that long she makes an appt for the next day, Sunday between 10 - 2.
- Tech shows up around 12:30. He takes diagnostics on the line and tells me that I have a high amount of noise on the line. He checks the signal outside my apartment and says that the problem is not in my apartment but on my whole floor. He says that they will need to come replace the equipment, but the earliest they can come out is Tuesday. I ask if someone can call me on Tuesday after it is repaired to check that my service is functioning normally, and he tells me that it is not possible and that I will have to call customer service to validate the work has been done.
- I still experience the same problems the entire day.
- I call customer service and they tell me the work had been completed yesterday. I tell them it has not fixed my issue and they tell me I will need to have another tech come out to fix the problem. I tell them I need an appointment asap. They try to schedule an appt for several days later (I can't remember when) and I again ask to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor makes an appt for the following day, between 8 and 12. She also tells me that they are opening a client relations case (something that happens when a customer calls a lot) and someone from that dept should call me. I NEVER receive a call from anyone in the client relations department.
- Tech shows up at 12:30, which is 30 minutes after the scheduled window. He takes diagnostics and says everything looks fine. I tell him to try my phone if he thinks everything is working fine. He tries to use my phone and there is no dial tone. I tell him that's one of the issues, and if he just unplugs the modem and plugs it back in it'll work again. He does and it works. He decides to replace the modem. After switching in the new modem, the new one does not come online. After a few minutes he calls someone on his two way radio and the operator yells at him that the system is being upgraded and tells him to LEAVE. The tech tells me he must leave but that he is sure my problem will be fixed when the modem comes online. I tell him I am not happy that he is leaving because he has not verified my problem is fixed. I ask for his name (Diako Elhadj) and ask if he can call me later to verify that my problem is fixed and I give him a piece of paper with my name and cell phone number. He says sure, he will call me. He never calls.
- Meanwhile, I am now left without internet and phone service while the modem is off.
- At 3:30 my internet service comes back, but not the phone.
- At 5:00 my phone service comes back, but I'm still having the same exact problems.
- At 5:30 I call customer service for help. She runs the same basic diagnostics that have been run each time I call. She asks me to reset my modem and tells me to call 611 to get the phone department directly if it's not fixed after the reset (since the reset is going to drop our phone call).
- The reset did not fix the problem. At 6:00, I call 611. The cs rep tells me to unplug the internet connection from my router and plug it directly into my pc because he claims the router is causing interference with the phone. He then instructs me to reset the modem and says he will call me back in 15 minutes to verify the voice quality. This was at 6:08 p.m.
- At 6:25 the cs rep calls back and hears that the problem is not fixed. He tells me I need an appt for a tech to come out. I tell him I want someone that can fix my problem since I wasn't able to get it fixed the first 3 visits. He tells me the best he can do is have a client relations person call me the next day. I ask to speak to a supervisor.
- After 20 minutes on hold I get a supervisor. She tells me that I really need to have someone come out to check the wiring. She cannot make an appt at that time because she is having a problem with her computer. She confirms my cell phone number and tells me she'll call me back shortly. I ask for her name (Judy). She calls me back after 1 minute to tell me that she can't make the appt tonight because the computer problems but that she'll call me tomorrow morning by 9:00 a.m. for an appt that day. Judy never calls me.
- 10:35: Judy has not called to schedule an appt. I call 611 and get a cs rep. I explain that I need an appt. for today. He makes me an appt for Monday (Labor day) from 8 - 12 a.m. and tells me he will try to get an earlier appt. I ask for an advanced tech, someone that can fix my problem because the other techs could not, and he tells me this person is called a foreman at Time Warner. He indicates it would take longer to get an appt. with a foreman and advises I take the appt. for Monday. He also says he will send the diagnostics from the phone call with him to IT to analyze because he could definitely hear my voice breaking up repeatedly. He says that IT may do some things to fix it and that I should give it 48 business hours (till end of day Wednesday since this is a holiday weekend) and let them know if it is not fixed at that time. He also tells me he will ask client relations to give me a call. The call ends at 11:02.
- 12:00: I call Verizon and sign up for their phone and internet service. I'm done with Time Warner.
More Reviews on Time Warner Cable: