household visa Complaint - False bankrupt charge to account

Review by on 2002-01-17
BELLFLOWER, CALIFORNIA -- My account was reported as bankrupt in error. Mistake was supposed to have been corrected by your legal dept. All they was done was the issuance of a new account number. The bankrupt charge still shows up on my credit report, effecting my credit rating. Cannot refinance home,cannot buy a car unless I pay a higher interest rate,cannot even get a cell phone.

To help, I would like the following:

I want this charge taken off my credit report asap. Further legal action my be taken.

At the very least I would like a response from your company regarding this incident. Thank you for your time.
Comments:2 Replies - Latest reply on 2002-01-26
Posted by Anonymous on 2002-01-18:
Banks do not remove exsisting report entries as they are not the bureaus. You need to dispute the entry with the credit reporting agency. They in turn will contact the bank and ask for verification. The bank will update them and then the reporting agency will update their file on you. This is the procedure you must follow.
Posted by Anonymous on 2002-01-26:
Avoid this company. They screw you then leave you out to rot.

Your Name:
(displayed with your comment)
Your E-mail:

Your Experience/Advice:
Check spelling

By clicking submit you agree that you have read and accept the Terms of Service & Privacy Policy.

Note: All comments are reviewed by a moderator before being published. Please be sure to read our guidelines before commenting.