Best Buy Complaint - I hate them and will NEVER EVER GO BACK!!!
REYNOLDSBURG, OHIO -- 1. October 14th was my birthday. My husband and parents gave me the money to get a Viper 771XV remote start/alarm installed in my new car. I had been looking at it at Best Buy and was very excited about getting it installed. I purchased the device and set up my installation appointment.
2. October 23rd I had the appointment to get the remote start/alarm installed. They told me it would take about four hours. After four hours I called three times and was told that it would be two more hours each time. I had left my car off at 10:00 AM, I got it back at 7:30 PM. I was told by the installer that the reason it took so long was because they wanted the “new guy” to learn how to install the device and he did not come in to work until 2:30 PM. I wish they would have told me this in advance. After waiting at the store for an hour, I called my husband and had him come from his work to drive me home where I waited and waited and waited.
3. October 24th When I got my car back and put it in the garage I noticed two dents in the hood. I called the store and they told me it was too late to do anything about it that night, they would call me back the next day. They did not call me back. But they did not deny that they had caused the damage. There were many dirty finger prints around the dents. It looked like they had been examining them.
4. October 25th I called the store and spoke to a manager named John. He had someone contact me to let me know that Best Buy’s insurance would contact me.
5. October 26th Heidi G called me and gave me a claim number 31-719282-3.
6. October 30th I got a repair estimate from Davidson’s Collision Center.
7. October 31st My husband faxed the estimate to Heidi G.
8. November 6th I called Best Buy to check the progress on my claim. The person I spoke to, Darlene, was rude and told me there was nothing she could do I would just have to wait to hear from the insurance adjuster.
9. November 7th I faxed Heidi G with my information once more.
10. November 9th Heidi G called to let me know my claim was denied because there have been “hail storms” in our area. I keep my car in the garage and the hail in our area did not occur in my area. I asked to talk to her supervisor and I was told I couldn’t. I asked for the name of her company and was told I didn’t need to know it and she hung up on me.
11. November 9th After Heidi G hung up on me I called the Best Buy
Corporate office. I was given a confirmation number: 9522384900 and I was told to contact my local store or the insurance company.
12. November 9th I called my insurance and they suggested that I have Davidson’s Collision Center inspect the car to see if it was “hail” or other damage. Davidson’s Collision Center updated my estimate and said it looked like fist marks to them, and not hail damage. I went to the store with my updated estimate and they said there was nothing they could do.