McCarthy Complaint - Company Value Statements not met
I have visited the McCarthy website (mccarthy.co.za)where they proudly detail a number of value statements for their company. It shows me that these statements are done purely for marketing purposes and do not reflect the service that I and my parents received from one of their dealerships. Listed are some of their published value statements superimposed with the service that I received.
Value - To be fair and ethical in dealing with customers, suppliers, and our colleagues
• Was sold a car with an intermittent fault which the agency refused to acknowledge
• After driving the unreliable car for 6 months and having to pay for repairs - agency agrees to buy car back - the client (who are pensioners) have to carry a R18 000 loss
• Change of ownership for the above car was only done 3 months after the car was sold. We were alerted to this fact when we received a fine via the post which had been issued after the date that the car was sold
Value - To operate in an environment of mutual trust and respect
• Negotiated a new car deal on the 2 Oct 2006 as a trade in for the faulty car - to be told 3 days later that the new deal could not be honoured
Value - To show a total commitment to our customers
• Car stopped 20 min after leaving showroom - had to arrange own towing
The agency displayed no ownership of having sold a faulty car and expects the client to carry the full risk. Talk about buying a bad horse!!