Hersheys/Cadbury Informative - LIVE WORMS in my chocolate bar!! - Cadbury Fruit & Nut Chocolate Bar
Cadbury Fruit & Nut Chocolate Bar
SOUTH, FLORIDA -- I recently purchased a CADBURY FRUIT & NUT CHOCOLATE BAR and was watching TV and eating it when something seemed unusual... I put my glasses on and was horrified to see LIVE WORMS in my partially eaten Candy Bar! (spent the rest of the evening heaving every time I thought about it, and thoroughly inspect everything before I reluctantly eat now).
For those who may not believe this, I do have photos. I took the candy bar and receipt to CVS where it was only purchased the prior day, they apologized and offered a $10 gift certificate. I refused as I merely wanted them to ensure this didn't happen again.
I wrote Cadbury in Europe who told me to contact HERSHEYS in the U.S., I felt like they were brushing it under the rug and tried to pacify me by sending a letter and a check for $50 (haven't cashed it).
They also tried to comfort me by stating they checked with the medical community and that the worms would die in the digestive process. I have the remainder of the candy bar WORMS INCLUDED in my freezer (proof) and have contacted the local newspaper ... I've checked with other local stores that carry the product, they claimed that no Hersheys reps. have contacted them warning them or requesting they check their products for contamination.
PS: For those of you who ask why legal action wasn't taken... it's because they say they cannot prove any physical damage was done and will not pursue the issue.
SO, MY WORD OF ADVISE TO ALL YOU CHOCOLATE LOVERS IS LIKE THE OLD SAYING "LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP" but "LOOK BEFORE YOU EAT".
I'm writing this letter because I feel like the entire situation was minimized by all parties involved.