General Motors Informative - Transmission 4l60E
LITCHFIELD PARK, ARIZONA -- -1998 GMC Sonoma purchased new in February 1999. From Yates Pontiac GMC
- Meticulously maintained.
- Driven as light duty commuter vehicle approximately 7,500 miles a year.
- Vehicle never off road, never towed, or hauled
- Transmission is the 4L60E.
- Complete Transmission failure at 59,000 miles.
- Cost $3100 for replacement.
- Mechanic said the springs in the transverse case fail purges fluid transmission cooks itself.
- Also read that there is a design flaw with the filter and the cooling lines.
- Service bulletin was issued by GMC 01-07-30-023B
- Dealer and GMC said service bulletin "doesn't matter"
- I notified GMC of the problem, my case was forwarded to the District Representative which was denied. I must pay in full.
- Dealership was no help.
- Standard answer is 3 years 36,000 miles. Sorry.
- Do your research before you buy a GM product.
- I strongly discourage the purchase of GM products.
- The 4L60E is clearly a defective transmission.
More Reviews on General Motors: