Asiatravel.com Complaint - Mayfair Hotel, Dubai
DUBAI -- I contracted with Asiatravel.com to provide me with a room for five days in Dubai. The hotel (Mayfair) was listed as a Four Star Hotel. read the rest and judge for yourself this Four Star Hotel:
- The car that was supposed to collect me at the airport never arrived. When I mentioned it at the check-in counter, the clerk accused me of missing the car.
- I spent five days in the hotel and not once were any of the complimentary toileteries replenished.
- The mini-bar in the room was never re-stocked in five days. The inventory of the mini-bar didn't come close to matching what was actually inside. On the morning of my departure, four minutes after my wake-up call, there was a knock at the door and a young man rushed in to "check the mini-bar".
- The hotel advertised a Russian Disco and Restaurant. Neither of these existed.
- The hotel advertised a bar at the rooftop pool. When I arrived there was an abandoned kiosk with an empty refrigerator, presiding over filthy plastic furniture and stained lounges.
- I tried to get a cash advance on my visa card for gifts and was rudely refused at the desk. When I asked for directions to a place that might assist me, I was met with more rudeness and no help.
- I tried to hail a cab outside of the hotel and was met with no help. The porter offered a hotel car at three times the cab rate. When I refused, he went out of his way to wave cabs away from me.
- I brought a friend to the hotel for a drink and was accosted by the clerk at the desk, who informed me that no guests were allowed in the hotel.
- I had a problem with a planned tour and when I went to the manager I was told that it was not his problem.
I have brought all of the above to the attention of Asiatravel.com, but have not received a response. I would avoid the Mayfair Hotel in Dubai and Asiatravel.com, unless you thrive on personal pain.