Joseph's Southern Cookin' Informative - Don't Believe The Hype!!!
DENVER, COLORADO -- I realize that an informative about a local restaurant out here in Colorado doesn't command a lot of interest from many besides the members that live out here or that travel through these here parts to sell his used mobile homes in the Carolinas and such, but I thought that this one might be of interest.
Joseph's has gotten rave reviews from The Denver Post, Westword, OutFront,(do what you will with that one) and other local print media outlets....
Here is what I experienced last Friday evening:
1) Southern/Comfort food is supposed to be affordable. Two pieces of fried chicked and two sides for eight bucks is ridiculous to me so I got the catfish. $12.95 apiece
2) The "strawberry lemonade" was so sweet that I nearly went comatose.
3) The fries were cooked in the fish grease thus they had a fishy taste.
4) The fish was cooked in the same dirty grease thus an even "fishier" taste.
5) A restaurant that serves all kinds of fish and shrimp should have tartar sauce, right? You'll have to settle for mayo'.
6) The collard greens were tasty and the portions were plentiful.
7) My GF loved the food but she doesn't know fish like myself and a few other members do on here.
8) Stop running out of cole slaw when I get there!
9) Please enlarge the ordering area. You can barely get five people in there.
10) As the cook was putting our food into the containers here comes "Fifi the Dachshound" running around in the kitchen area! Apparently she had escaped from the basement. It took the cashier AND the cook to get her back down there. Glad that we had already gotten our food!
So long Joe.