British Airways Complaint - Delays, Service Quality and lost baggage.
LONDON -- Flight BA1463 (19:20) Edinburgh - London Heathrow -T1
24th June 2007
1) Delayed by 2 hours due to problems with ground staff employed by BA.
2)A bag that did not belong to me had been checked in under my name - MAJOR SECURITY BREECH!
3) The Plane had not been cleaned properly from the previous flight.
4) When mentioning to the Captain about an ear piercing noise coming from the wall of the cabin, his answer was "We will look into it, although it sounds like there is a breech on the outer skin, forcing air inside the cabin walls".
Not surprising when BA owns one of the oldest fleets in the world.
5) On arrival at Heathrow, passengers had to wait for over 2 hours for their luggage. Only a few trolleys worth of luggage were placed onto the conveyor belt. The rest was never processed, as they had to concentrate on other flights.
6) Only one customer service rep was servicing all domestic/international flights in Terminal 1. When asked where her colleagues were, her reply was;-“They have gone home as they have completed their shifts. We are trying to employ more staff but it takes a long time because of the security checks"!
7) British Airways has apparently given their baggage handling mandate to a company that has only ever serviced 55 flights a week. They now have to service 55 flights a day.... they cannot cope!!
8) Not once was identification asked for at any stage of the day!
9)I have now been holding for 1hr30 mins on the lost baggage phone line!
Conclusion: A shabby service that is totally unreliable and unsafe due to the lack of security guarding baggage. This is an airline which charges premium rates for a budget service.
British Airways is a complete embarrassment to the nation. There is no doubt that internal flights are ignored, as they simply cannot compete with the budget airlines effectively. As a result, the resources in both human man-power and electronic systems have been cut, which is destroying the system and the patience of their passengers!