Kohler Plumbing Complaint - Order Service Parts
SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA -- On two occassions I've had the misfortune to attempt to order service parts for my Kohler plumbing fixtures.
On both occassions I've tried to use the company's on-line parts ordering service. The complaints are as follows:
1. Part numbers from the product installation instructions are not found by the search engine
2. there are no "guides" on how to use the on-line ordering...it is far from user friendly
3. the on-line system provides does not accept AMEX (but the telephone order center does)
4. the on-line ordering system can not provide shipping methods other than UPS ground. Even when ordering via the telephone the order taker can not calculate the total cost for next day shipping. In fact, the company can't tell you how much will be charged to your credit card until AFTER the product ships.
5. there are no order numbers for orders entered on-line or via telephone
6. cancelling an order is done on faith...there are NO mechanisms for confirming cancellation of an order (the hotel industry has had this feature for 20 years!).
7. there is NO mechanism for updating a customer on the status of an order, no matter how it is placed. Company representatives do not have the capability to email an order status to a customer even if they wanted to...note however, the on-line system does take your email address....wonder what they do with it????
8. the telephone order processing appears to be completely seperate from the on-line ordering system
This all wouldn't be such a nightmare if the company had service depots that actually stocked parts...they don't. The only listings they can provide are those of distributors who would be glad to sell you new stuff...none of these guys stock parts. When you ask who might have parts...the answer is "a plumbing supply house". OK, can you provide me a few names/numbers so I can call...."sorry no, we don't have that information."
IF YOU EVER HAVE THE OCCASSION TO PURCHASE NEW PLUMBING FIXTURES CHOOSE ANYONE BUT THESE GUYS...THEY AREN'T OPERATING ANYWHERE NEAR THE 20TH CENTURY.