Sprint Complaint - Sprint's fraudulant practices CAUGHT ON TAPE
My family and I have had an awful experience with this company. We've been with them for over five years, but we're going to cancel our service when the contract ends next month. WHY? They FRAUDULENTLY renewed our contract. We have the ENTIRE conversation on tape. We have the conversation of the sales rep who said she would let us THINK IT OVER before renewing for two years, but when we called in several days later to cancel instead of renew, we were told that our contract doesn't expire until 2009!!! What kind of business ethics is that?!?!?
This is what happened:
1) Several days ago, I called Sprint customer service to see if they had any special deals IF I were to renew my contract.
2) The CSR I talked to said that she can offer me a 10% discount off my monthly bill if I renewed our contract for two years.
3) I said I had to talk it over with my family (it's a family plan) BEFORE arriving at a final decision. She said that she would call me back around 6pm the next day to see if I wanted to renew my contract for 2 years.
5) She never called back. No big deal for me, since I was shopping around anyway.
6) Several days after that, I called to cancel my service with sprint and was told I could not do so without paying an early termination fee because I had renewed my contract for 2 years several days ago. i NEVER renewed it.
7) I told the guy I never renewed my contract. I asked him who authorized it, who signed the contract, who was the sales rep? He never provided me with an answer. I then asked to talk to the manager, and he said he was the manager. After not getting ANYWHERE with him, we hung up.
8) Called back again. This time our issue was able to be resolved, but not without A LOT of trouble. We informed the CSR that we had recorded ALL of our previous conversations with Sprint. THAT'S RIGHT. Thank god we recorded everything. The first sales rep who FRAUDULENTLY renewed our contract? We had her on tape saying that she would let us THINK about it and talk it over with our family. at NO time did we agree to renew. We have the conversations recorded from HELLO to GOODBYE and at NO time did we say yes.
If you guys want, I can upload our conversations with those customer service reps. I'll just have to find the pertinent parts and upload them for ALL of you to hear. It's unbelievable they would AUTOMATICALLY renew our contracts WITHOUT our permission. I wonder how many people they've done this too. IF we did NOT have our conversations recorded, we would've been out of luck like so many of the people on this site. Learn from us. RECORD all conversations with Sprint!