DirecTV Inc Complaint - More Directv nonsense
AUSTIN, TEXAS -- In september 2006 I had Directv installed. We were new to texas and switched to directv because they had the NFL ticket. From day one we had problems with our dvr receiver (model R15).
Our problems included:
- Receiver would take seconds to respond to the remote. The receiver would acknowledge the remote command with a flash, but would not respond.
- Pause, rewind and fast forward would not work
- Commercial skip feature would work intermittently
- Shows scheduled to DVR would not record about 25% of the time
- Could not schedule a "season" of more than 2 shows without the box shutting down
- About once a week the box would not come out of power save mode in the morning. I would have to totally reset the box. This means i could not save shows for more than a week, kind of defeats the purpose of a DVR doesn't it?
After numerous calls to Directv, they would not so much as acknowledge a problem even though their very own forums are filled with similar complaints. I wanted fnctional equipment and never got more than the run around.
After 6 months of this I called Dishnetwork and had it installed. I called Directv and cancelled at which point i was told i would have to pay a $175 early termination fee. I was smart and gave them a one time use credit card number when i signed up, so now instead of them stealing the money from my account they have a collections agency calling me once a day threatening to harm my credit.
I also can not get them to provide me with boxes to mail their equipment back to them. I cancelled in March 2007 and it is now July 2007. it's only a matter of time before they try to charge me $500 for their equipment also.
My advice to anyone is to never do business with DirecTV. If you do, give them a one time use credit card number.