American Home Improvement Inc. Informative - Poor quality work - promises not met
WOODLAND HILLS, CALIFORNIA -- American Home Improvement Inc. a contractor found in Woodland Hills, Ca. Please, please, please ask for references. This company from day one lied to me. They constantly asked for money (performing poor quality work). My contract was signed Aug. 2005 they didn't even start work in the house until Feb. 2006. They would tell me it was the city (I called the city's building dept. to find out the problem - only to find out this company wasn't telling the truth. POOR quality work (with promises that they would repair all problems). They under powered (electrical) the house (also placing a subpanel in the main hallway, instead of a new exterior panel). Plumbing was also done wrong,(they were setting me up to flood and burn). The kitchen was by far the cheapest junk I've ever seen (they miss measured in many locations - 1. cabinet over refrigerator too big - they cut out dry wall and shoved cabinet into attic. Then they marked drywall to be cut out so doors could be installed.
2. Drawer bank installed so close to wall - as soon as door moulding installed drawers wouldn't open.
3. Sink bank of cabinets extended 6" past the pony wall into the family foom.
4. Cabinets were suppose to be one level - I had 3 different levels by the time they were done installing.
5. Plans called for a gas cooktop in the island - they lied and told me I couldn't place a gas line to the island (they blamed it on the inspector, not realizing that I would call inspector).
6. Tile in about 1100sq ft. of my house had about 20 tiles installed correctly.
Needless to say I'm out that money (well over $250,000) plus I had to find another company to complete the job (actually there was so much wrong I had to start completely over. My cost facter was so high because their work was so bad "nothing could be saved" (every stud was cut to different lengths, causing every wall to be off). I could go on and on with so much more that I had to go through with this company.
PLEASE be careful if you are remodeling.