Walt Disney World Informative - Want to have fun at Walt Disney World?
ORLANDO, FLORIDA -- I am listing a few tips so that you can enjoy yourself while at the happiest place on earth!
1. First of all please remember that Walt Disney World is a huge place with a lot of people from all around the world visiting it - so PLEASE know your limitations.
For example - children under the age of 4 will not only not remember ever being there but because there are so many things to do and see as well as the size of the park it is highly unlikely they will enjoy themselves. A stroller is a very good idea for children even as old as 6. You can reserve a stroller or wheel chair for your entire stay. Ask the person at the rental area for details.
2. Stay on the Disney site. I have stayed both on and off the site and will never stay off site again. I will not give advice as to where to stay as it really is a personal taste as to what is appealing to you. We have stayed all over the park and have enjoyed it all.
3. Use the dining plan and make your table service reservations BEFORE you leave home. It really is worth the price. One note here - The dining plan is connected to the number of nights you stay at the park and not the number of days you have the ticket. So if you are staying there 6 nights you will have the dining plan for 6 days. We always plan our trip so that we are staying there the same number of nights as days. This way we have the flexibility to rest the day we arrive or before we leave.
4. Go during their off season! Not only are the hotels cheaper but the park is less crowded, the staff is less stressed and there are little to no lines. My favorite times are late September and early May.
5. Carry as little as possible!
6. Disney stuff is so expensive. We tell our children exactly how much money they have to spend. Last time we went we gave each child an envelope with their money in it. It was truly amazing how much they do not want when they are spending their own money! LOL
7. Pace yourself - We have stayed there for 10 days and still did not get to do it all. It is far more important to have fun and not kill yourself than to see it all. Use the fast passes.
8. Unless you are planning to go some where else you do not need a car at Walt Disney World. Disney will pick you up and drop you off at the airport.
9. Have fun!!!! Be a child again. Let your children dress in their costumes to eat with the Princesses, Pirates or the Toy story people. My little girl wore hers all day and had a party! Bring a bathing suit for your little ones during the really hot weather to the Magic Kingdom. There are water splash areas in Donald's boat, Arial's area and Pooh's play area.
Once you get there remember to play! Your food, room, transportation, and admission are all taken care of. So just have fun!!!!!!