South Crest Hospital Compliment - Don't Go Anywhere Else!!

Review by goob on 2007-07-29
TULSA, OKLAHOMA -- On 7/27 of 07, I had a medical problem that led me to the Emergency Room at St. Francis Hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma. My information was taken, and in about a half hour I was taken to the back where an IV was put into my arm, and then I was told to sit and wait back by the "rooms" where others were being seen behind curtains who had come to see the ER physician.

EIGHT HOURS later, and without one single person saying a word to me all night, I got up and asked one of the nurses how long it would be before I would find myself in a room, much less in front of the physician. At this point I could barely walk.

Nobody knew a thing. Well I was done. I needed to see a doctor not a curtain all night. I had them remove the needle, and I drove to another hospital called SouthCrest Hospital at 91st and HWY 169.

I walked in, the waiting room was EMPTY. Not a soul. My information was taken, and less than two minutes later my vitals were being taken, and then I went "straight" back to a room by a wonderfully kind and caring nurse, complete with a door, a television, its own bathroom, and a phone. I was given another IV, and within five minutes, I was talking to the doctor. (Dr. E. Monnot) Within another five minutes, pain medication was being administered through the IV, and a lady from the ultrasound department was standing in the room with a wheelchair waiting for that to happen so she could wheel me off for testing. I was brought back to the room, and within five minutes or so the doctor was back in the room to do more testing. The results were back quickly, I was given an antibiotic through the IV, given prescriptions to heal my problem and out the door I went, though a bit groggy from the night and the pain, a very, VERY happy camper with this hospital and its staff.

If you want to be treated quickly, and with respect and dignity no matter what your problem might be or who you are, DON'T go anywhere else in Tulsa but to South Crest Hospital in an emergency!! I surely won't.. It was the best experience a person could have under the circumstances of being sick or in pain from the moment I walked in to the moment I walked out. God bless em!!
Comments:13 Replies - Latest reply on 2007-08-09
Posted by Anonymous on 2007-07-29:
After eight hours and no physician visit I would have left as well. But why did you wait so long? Was it extremely busy there?
Posted by Hugh_Jorgen on 2007-07-30:
I've never even been to Tulsa and I'll bet I can tell you the difference - hospital #1 must be a public hospital and their ER is acting as the primary care physician for Tulsa's uninsured. The second hospital is most likely private and their ER only accepts patients with cash or insurance. Am I right?
Posted by CrazyRedHead on 2007-07-30:
WHY did you wait 8 hours to ask when you would be seen??? I would have been up there after an hour, just to inquire.
Posted by runaway on 2007-07-30:
I think Hugh nailed it.
Posted by goob on 2007-07-31:
CrazyRedHead - Part of the reason why I waited so long was because I was in pain and was kindly stuck between having to walk back out to the car when I could barely walk at all, and the constant thought otherwise that if I would just hang in there a little while longer...

Hugh - You know I'm really not sure about the insurance thing. My own insurance was Medicare / Medicaid which both hospitals accept, so I just don't know. But the first hospital was in fact in a main part of Tulsa, while the second and far better one was farther away and required a bit of a drive. You're most likely correct though about the uninsured altogether. It's a good question! I'll have to find out from the second if they would even see anyone who has no insurance just out of curiosity now. :-)

Thanks for all the comments!
Posted by CrazyRedHead on 2007-07-31:
I went to the ER which ended up in emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder. I was in serious pain and could hardly stand or walk, but I managed to get up there after 10 min of waiting to see when I would be seen and then in another 10 min after that.
Posted by goob on 2007-08-01:
CrazyRedHead - Well, what can I say.. good show.
Posted by doescustomerserviceexist? on 2007-08-06:
You said you couldn't walk yet you took yourself to another hospital??? Couldn't have been that serious. To bad the first hospital could have been saving people with more life threatning conditions. Geeezzzz.
Posted by Anonymous on 2007-08-06:
You can barely walk properly and you risked your life and other people's lives and drove.
Posted by Anonymous on 2007-08-06:
doescustomerserviceexict - I don't think that goob cares about other people's lives as long as they get help first, so what if someone has to die while goob gets help. Goob only cares about getting help for themselves fast and not anyone's life.
Posted by Skye on 2007-08-06:
Goob, what was the diagnosis??
Posted by doescustomerserviceexist? on 2007-08-07:
billydude12: Right on!
Posted by goob on 2007-08-09:
Yeah. I drove. Guard parked my car for me. I assure you though, had I called for an ambulance, some of you would have had something judgmental and negative to say about that, too. So it's all good.

Your Name:
(displayed with your comment)
Your E-mail:

Your Experience/Advice:
Check spelling

By clicking submit you agree that you have read and accept the Terms of Service & Privacy Policy.

Note: All comments are reviewed by a moderator before being published. Please be sure to read our guidelines before commenting.