American Home Shield Informative - This company hires crooks to avoid paying its customers by misconstruing reports from vendors
FLORIDA -- American Home Shield provides poor service by A. L. written to American Home Shield
I got this insurance on home appliances, plumbing, wiring, etc. so I would not have an unexpected bill. I ended up with a large unexpected bill that they won't pay.
The company finds many ways to avoid paying for anything. For instance, they claim they won't pay for lots of things, like sink pop ups, ice makers etc.
Further, they do not respond to emergencies. I had a flood and they couldn't find anyone to fix the problem, although the ONLY company they had on the weekend didn't feel like coming. When I finally hired my own companies to fix the leak, they refused to honor their own authorization, lied about what the service provider said, and refused to pay the company that fixed the link. They do not cover damages such as ruined carpet and walls.
While they do sometimes fix things after a few days, they will not pay for any collateral damage, such as the ruined carpeting from the flood they wouldn't fix, or the lost food after three days of no refrigeration.
The biggest problem is that they are so aggravating to deal with that it makes you want to pull out your hair. What little they do do May not be worth the cost of the stress and they constant calling, or the aggravation of getting through their phone tree on the many follow up calls.
1. Get rid of their voice recognition system and hire someone to answer the phone. Their time is worth less than mine. It takes too long to get help.
2. When you ask for services, state all that you require instead of just writing down one. Tell you upfront what they will not cover.
3. Respond more quickly. It shouldn't take three or more days, or in my case three weeks, to fix a refrigerator.
4. Take emergencies seriously.
5. Treat their vendors better. Most companies do not want to deal with them.
6. Realize their customers are their business.
7. When they do not get a job done, pay the fees immediately to vendors you have to call yourself.
More Reviews on American Home Shield: