Geico Corporation Complaint - Failing to report insurance to DMV
SCHROON LAKE, NEW YORK -- My son was driving in Sullivan County on his way to take his real estate licensing test. He was pulled over and charged with 2 violations BA0653181 AND BA0653192
1. Revocation of registration of license plate date 12/2006
2. Violation of operating a vehicle with out lack of insurance as of 12/-25-2006
My son is facing for the revocation of license plate violation:
1. Mandatory surcharge of $55 dollars
2. Fines in the range of $ 50 - $1500 dollars
3. Additional fines of $750 if convicted
4. His license suspended for 1 year
5. A misdemeanor that will be attached to his record permanently.
For the second violation of lack of insurance as of 12/25/2006, he is facing:
1. a mandatory surcharge of $55 dollars
2. Fines in the range of $ 50 - $100
3. A misdemeanor that will be attached to his record permanently.
We have incurred the following costs:
1. We have had to rent a second car, at our cost.
2. A towing charge of $95.
3. Further towing costs are still looming.
4. Because of GEICO's actions My son lost opportunity to take the licensing test. He lost the $300 fee and lost the possibility of working for a real estate company.
We would like this matter to be investigated as this since this has not been the first time GEICO has failed to comply with their obligations to report the correct information to DMV
A very similar claim was filed NY state Dept # CSB-380986 by in 2005. So far Geico has only covered the towing and 3 days of a rental the car is still in the catskills and will need a lawyer. Still in process to GEICO.