DirecTV Inc Complaint - HD Problems re: sales, install, returns & billing
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA -- Trying to have an HD Dish installed and HD service has been the most time consuming event I've EVER had to deal with to obtain TV service. I have no idea how this company can operate as screwed up as they seem to be. And for them to have certain Sport exclusives is absurd.
IF YOU WANT HD FROM DIRECT TV BEWARE!!
1) The Dish is about 3 times larger than the regular dish - mostly wider. In some situations, this will not fit where you want it, or if you live in a condo, May not be allowed by the HOA.
2) Sales doesn't mention that there is a difference between the regular and HD Dish. Even if they sell you an HD package, as they did to me, they May not send you an HD receiver. If you don't have this, you won't get an HD Dish and won't get HD.
3) Install will not return any equipment. If you have improper items, you'll need to return it by contacting Direct TV for boxes to be sent to you that you can place the items to be returned, and then call FedEx for pickup. Install May tell you that once they ACTIVATE the system, you cannot cancel, BUT THIS IS UNTRUE.
4) You must cancel with Direct TV, not install, and it took us about 3 oar 4 phone calls to cancel. Apparently, you need to ask for RETENTION to cancel. PLEASE KNOW THAT IF YOU WAIT MORE THAN ABOUT 3 DAYS TO CANCEL YOU"RE STUCK FOR A 2-YEAR COMMITMENT.
5) It took 3 calls before we finally received the boxes. It took 3 more calls before we received a box big enough to return the DVR, as we kept receiving small boxes. WE HAD TO CALL 6 TIMES & WAIT A FEW WEEKS BEFORE WE COULD RETURN ALL OUR ITEMS!! You can be charged nearly $500 per item if this is not done properly! We're trying, and I hope we don't get screwed because of their incompetence.
6) We had Billing issues that we've spent a couple phone calls and over an hour trying to resolve that still May not provide us with reimbursement for the initial fee of over $100.
KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GETTING INTO IF YOU ORDER HD FROM DIRECT TV, and if there's a chance you'll need to cancel, beware of the issues mentioned above. I've never dealt with a company so messed up in my life. They should be sanctioned by the government.
More Reviews on DirecTV Inc: