O'Reilly's Autoparts Compliment - They finally got it right
WELLINGTON, KANSAS -- I warn you now.. this is going to be a long review. But there is a good ending to it.
I ordered 3 separate parts for a new exhaust system. The muffler the pipe assembly, and the strap on 07/17/07. They said it would be 07/24 before the parts would come in. So far so good.
They called my husband on 07/24 to tell him that the muffler was in but there was good news and bad news. The good news, we didn't need the pipe assembly because it was included in with the muffler, so the order for the pipe assembly was cancelled.(a savings of about $80) The bad news was the wrong strap had been ordered (misorder #1), and that it would be a few days before they got it in. To which my husband replied, not a big deal I can't work on it until the weekend anyways.
They called on 07/26 to say it was all in and to come pick it up, which he did. It didn't take long to figure out that the wrong muffler had been ordered (misorder #2). And not only was it the wrong one, but that right one did not come with the pipe assembly. That was not a big deal because we had already budgeted for it. We were also told that it was going to be 08/01 before everything would be in.
We get a call on 08/01 to say everything is in finally. He asked them specifically if everything was right this time to which the guy replied "Yes it is". My husband goes to pick it up with plans to install it that evening. Now this is the part where it gets to be comical. The pipe assembly is the wrong one (misorder #3). He calls me at work upset because had he tried a dry fit he would have seen that the flange mount holes were off before disassembling the entire exhaust system. Sensing he was was that upset, I tell him as long as I can find a way to work the next day, it will be ok and I'll call them in the morning. (I found a way to work so all was good there)
I call corporate and was advised that someone from the store would call me before I leave for work. I did get a call from the store manager, and after talking to him the part number is correct, so the only thing that make sense is that the part was labeled wrong, and that it will be 08/07 before the correct one is in. I tell him very simply that is not good enough as this fiasco had been going on in excess of 2 weeks at this point. He said let me call the District Manager and see what we can do. He calls me back and says that they will order it from the Saturn dealer and eat the additional $80 that it is going to cost and that it will be in that afternoon. I told him that was perfectly reasonable to me and to please call my husband when it was there. (Get ready, the end is in sight.
He goes to pick it up and can anyone guess what happened? Yep, you go it, it's the wrong one.
(dealer sent the one for the single overhead cam engine, and my Saturn is a dual). Being ever so afraid to call me (he knows how I can be),
He asks if it is possible for a welder to cut the flange and re-weld it in the right position. The district manager says it shouldn't be a problem, and sends my husband to the local welding shop. 20 minutes later,and $25 (which O'Reillys readily paid), we finally have everything to replace the exhaust system.
While this had to be one of the most irritating and aggravating experiences I have ever had, I still felt it necessary to give them a compliment because in the end they admitted their mistakes, and did what it took to make us, the customers, happy.
THE END (Finally !!!!!)