Reebok Informative - Defective Shoes By Reebok
LUCKNOW -- I had purchased Reebok brand shoes from authorized shop of the company in Delhi on 06.04.2007. I found that stitch thread around eye hold was coming loose. On pointing this out the company through their authorized dealer in Delhi changed the shoes on 08.04.2007. However, the shoes subsequently were found very tight and damaging my feet. On 26.04.2007 I communicated to the Company at their E-mail address this aspect including request that matter be dealt in Lucknow as I am posted in Lucknow.
The company in its e-mail correspondence admitted that dimensions of the shoe can vary because of styling which was exactly the cause of my discomfort because of these shoes. However, the company felt that shoes cannot be replaced as I had used them and they thus cannot resell the same. After much e-mail based correspondences in which Company representatives used inappropriate language, the Company agreed to examine the shoes. Accordingly, the shoes were left at the Company designated store at Saharaganj, Lucknow on 12.05.2007.
Since then, despite repeated reminders, there has been no communication from the Company as to what has happened to my claim to have these shoes replaced. Thus the Company has deprived me of use of shoes for more than three months in spite of having invested substantial amount of money. It is requested that this matter May be taken up with the Company to find out:-
(1) Why the Company shoes were of different size in spite of declaring on the shoes the size for which they were bought? Incidentally company has accepted this aspect and I quote from their email to me ‘Footwear of various models May vary in dimensions because of styling’.
(2) Why Company representative use inappropriate language while corresponding with the customer?
(3) Why a multinational Company which spends huge amount of money globally on advertisement deals with the customer who points out the problems insensitively?
(4) Why it has taken Company so much time from 12.05.2007 till date that it does not find itself capable of responding to the customer in spite of having taken back the shoes for examination.
(5) Whether the company will ultimately decide on the issue or legal action for which a customer is always poorly equipped compared to a multinational company is the only recourse?
(6) Does the Reebok Company have the same policy towards its customers in Europe and America in similar circumstances?