[X]

4
Helpful
Votes

Luby's Cafeteria Restaurant Informative - Food Poisoning - Buffet type service

Review by Consumer on 2007-08-20
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS -- I ate a fish dinner at the Luby's in the Ingram Park Mall. Shortly after finishing, I started feeling sick to my stomach. Before I could get home, I had thrown up several times. I spent the next 5 days sick with diarrhea and severe stomach cramps. I contacted the main offices in Houston and told a gentleman about my experiences. He sent me a 25 dollar gift certificate for Luby's. My wife and I went to the Luby's on 1604 and Bandera, but on entering, the place was so filthy (dead bugs on the floor, children's chairs stacked with dirty papers,napkins and food. We turned around and left after telling an employee that the place was filthy. He said, as an excuse, that they were short of help. I could only imagine what the kitchen looked like... I gave the gift certificate to a friend. She took her family to another Luby location, however they refused to eat in it also because it was unsanitary and the help were not polite.

So much for Luby's. New ownership has evidently not improved the restaurants, in fact they are worse than before...
Comments:10 Replies - Latest reply on 2007-12-13
Posted by Hugh_Jorgen on 2007-08-20:
From what little I understand about food poisoning, it doesn't strike that fast. Their restaurant might have looked dirty, but I doubt it made you sick.
Posted by Anonymous on 2007-08-20:
Hugh is correct. There would be an incubation period, hours to days, before symptoms would start.

Posted by MRM on 2007-08-20:
"Hugh" are absolutely right and so is emt_c.
Posted by firengine103 on 2007-08-20:
emt c, I meant to catch you on an earlier post last night about the care home. Not sure where you are in career but wanted to thank you for your time and choice of becoming an EMT. Regardless of paid or volunteer, it takes a great deal of work to keep re-certification along with hands on training. Keep up the good work. During moments of crisis, it will be you who they will turn to for help.
Posted by Anonymous on 2007-08-20:
firengine103, thank you.
Posted by Anonymous on 2007-08-20:
San Antone, some friend you are. You get gravely ill at Luby's then you pass off the gift certificate to friends so that they can join in on the fun, huh?
Posted by heaven17 on 2007-08-20:
zzrokk, I was about to say the same thing!
"Ptomaine - When you care enough to give the very best."
Posted by Anonymous on 2007-08-20:
*LOL* So true!
Posted by Slimjim on 2007-08-20:
That bad at three different locations. May not be coincidence.
Posted by maryann1804 on 2007-12-13:
I used to work at this place. Very unsanitary procedures I have seen with my own eyes. Bunch of young kids preparing and serving this slop. Eat there at your own risk!

Your Name:
(displayed with your comment)
Your E-mail:
(required)

Your Experience/Advice:
Check spelling


By clicking submit you agree that you have read and accept the Terms of Service & Privacy Policy.


Note: All comments are reviewed by a moderator before being published. Please be sure to read our guidelines before commenting.