[X]
Feedburner count

Geico Complaint - Geico has no service

Review by mcs on 2007-09-20
So my son had an accident and I find out my insurance is liability only. I did not pay attention when I put the older vehicle on liability and the second oldest should have had full coverage. My fault; although an insurance company who cares would have notified me and asked if that is what I wanted. But when Geico negotiated with the other insurance company (AFTER GOING THROUGH SEVERAL GEICO REPS). Geico settled at 15% fault of the other driver when it was mostly his fault. The "brilliant" rep told me how surprised she was they took it so quickly. Hey, Geico was out for the other driver 85% and nothing for me.

Geico shaves the premiums and makes it up on the payout/service or lack thereof.

The gecko is cute, Geico is not!
Comments:7 Replies - Latest reply on 2013-07-24
Posted by moneybags on 2007-09-20:
Should have checked your own policy for correctness.
Posted by Anonymous on 2007-09-20:
The insurance company mail out policy coverage every time you modify and renew your policy. Most of them also have web portal that allow you to access policy information online. If you want to save money, you need to get your son off your policy and make him insure his own car.
Posted by Anonymous on 2007-09-20:
My daughter had Geico--now she doesn't. She had billing issues that couldn't seem to be resolved by them in a timely manner--just dragged on for weeks. The common sense on their part seemed to be lacking. That was enough for me to never consider them. Insurance companies usually show their true colors when it comes time to paying claims, so until you have one, you just don't know. Yes, we should read our policy for correctness, but my insurance company went over my policy choices with me in a phone call--that's service. I have Ameriprise through Costco. Check them out.
Posted by Anonymous on 2007-09-20:
"I did not pay attention when I put the older vehicle on liability"
That says it all. I didn't need to read any more. 'A' for honesty though.
Posted by geather-c on 2007-09-21:
only cavemen carry geico insurance.ever wonder where they get your name for their mass mailings? you mvp,rewards points cards from kroger,food lion etc. these low life companies sell your name,telephone number and addresses to companies like geico for $25-$300 and then you get the junk mail.My suggestion when signing up for those cards use fake name,address,phone number.works for me.OH! if you have homeowners insurance you better have replacement cost.
Posted by geather-c on 2007-09-21:
OH! forgot to tell you.Have you ever seen a high stepping dog? most are not good for anything just eat alot and crap in your yard.I view all these companies that send advertisements on the t.v,internet,snailmail every few minutes as I do a high stepping dog(worthless and full of S _ _ t.remember who pays for all this high priced addvertisement.
Posted by KD on 2013-07-24:
many years later....but: Dear geather-c (is that a caveman name?) Nowdays Geico ads are on-line and TV. Little mail. in my experience. no, never wondered! where they got address-its in the directory. Did wonder what the heck u b goin off on that thought :) This year I started with Geico. Nobody came close to the rates they gave me. Even with (STUPID me,) a DUI 4 yrs ago. I paid for rest of year (only heard from them via 2 ad emails in months and everything is on line if i need it) Very satisfied this far!. Hope not to report any diff due to accident. And happy to say 'Im not a caveman. My boobs are 2 big!' and geather, the second post i read ...about the dog???WTH?

Your Name:
(displayed with your comment)
Your E-mail:
(required)

Your Experience/Advice:
Check spelling


By clicking submit you agree that you have read and accept the Terms of Service & Privacy Policy.


Note: All comments are reviewed by a moderator before being published. Please be sure to read our guidelines before commenting.