Dish Network Complaint - Fire in the receiver box
Dish Network is a scary company. A receiver box burned up in my 81 year old mother's home. Dish Network was useless in finding out what happened, and they denied all responsibility. A licensed electrician, a representative of the power company looked at the box, the setup and the wiring in my mom's house and found that the box "just burned up" and burned out console TV and new DVD player out when it did. Their customer service department is all about limiting their liability not about what happened and could it happen again. This fire in the receiver box scared my mother so badly that she did not sleep for 3 days and 3 nights until we could get an electrician in to inspect her house to assure her she wasn't going to burn up in her bed while sleeping. There were no storms in the area, no power surges and her home electrical system required no upgrades or repairs. That box just burned up, shot sparks out through the top, snap, crackled & popped until mom shoved the big TV away from the wall herself and unplugged it. It was a terrible experience for her. BEWARE of these boxes. This cannot be the only instance of a box burning up.
And, Dish Network simply dismissed her worries about the box and denied her claim for the lost TV and DVD player --- but that was the least of our concerns. WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED INSIDE THAT BOX, not to be treated like we don't have good sense and that they are the master race. Their customer service department was completely useless. We wasted precious hours of our lives dealing with them.
Read books! Forget TV.
More Reviews on Dish Network: