Home Depot design in Paramus NJ Complaint - Home Depot Expo Design and Thermador DON'T DO IT
MAHWAH, NEW JERSEY -- I spent mega bucks at Expo in Paramus NJ, on Thermador appliances, 48" range+grill, exhaust, dish washer, refrigerator. WHAT A MASSIVELY DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCE, HERES WHY.
1) The sales reps at expo were totally ill-informed about the Thermador products, I was not told that installation was an extra charge, we were led to believe that the install was covered in our sales price, what a shock when 20 huge boxes show up with no one to install them. The hood that was ordered was not the correct hood for the range (wrong style so doesn’t match the range and too little power for the grill so I cant use the grill for anything substantial)
2) EVERYTHING SHOWED UP BROKEN. The delivery company dropped the stuff off in boxes and split. Every item was badly damaged the refrigerator had to be replaced; the hood motor didn’t work properly it only worked on speed 1 and 3 and sounds like a jet engine and BTW it still doesn’t work after 4 months. The back splash was smashed in, the oven doors were out of alignment. It was like the stuff fell off the truck as it was going down the highway.
3) THERES NO ONE WHO CAN HELP!!! HD Expo out sources everything so you spend many hours and days on the phone going from one person to the next, my salesman "Chris" never spoke to me again he just told me to call Thermador, Thermador told me to call the delivery service and the delivery service told me to call the expediter at expo, what a bunch of BS. My wife was in tears going through this for 4-5 weeks.
4) Thermador support kept us holding for a min of 20min each time we called, and, they were rude when they finally picked up. In the end they did nothing but "create file" for me that their senior management might read, but, they cant guarantee that. I still haven’t heard from a manager at Thermador, I don think they really care.
5) The delivery service vanished and never did anything to help. In fact we don’t even know who the service was, they dropped the stuff off and left in under 20min while my wife was at the bus stop waiting for my daughter.
6) The local repair service is so busy fixing issues that we have gone for months without working appliances.
My feeling is that HD-Expo should not be allowed to sell this merchandise or any other high end merchandise, and, Thermador needs to rethink whom they let sell their products. Also, if you are considering high end appliances from a chain like Home Depot then realize that this might happen to you.