United Parcel Service Complaint - UPS - What can Brown do to rip you off?
Resolution Update on 10/20/2007:
UPS finally approved the claim and paid me the money
CHANDLER, ARIZONA -- I recently shipped my plasma TV (Pick-up) from PA to AZ. UPS charged me 220 bucks which included a $60 insurance for a value of $1800.
The sequence of events following my order:
1. The UPS driver showed up for Air though I had ordered for Ground. The representative did not have a clue how this happened. Dumb I guess ..;)
2. I received the TV in damaged condition. The interior panel was cracked and there wasn't anything on the exterior screen.
3. I submitted for claims over the phone. I was advised to leave my package in front of my door so that they can take it for inspection.
4. I called up after couple of days and found out that they refused my claim stating that enough cushioning was not provided.
5. I had spent almost 3 hours to do the packing with airbag, foam, belt to hold them intact before ordering for a pick up.
6. I asked them if they did an inspection before shipping and the answer was no. It was done after I reported the damage. What sense does this make?
7. I said that obviously I did not have the time to spend 3 hours again to get the same package as it was before and I had just included the air bags in the box.
8. UPS gave me different stories each time about my claim. I was told by one of the supervisor that I was misled by another supervisor working in the same claims department about the status.
9. He also admitted that they did not record my dispute information in the system. This was after repeating my issue 20 times.
10. At this point they are just giving me a run around saying that somebody will call me in 24 hours which is actually a Joke since it never happens and u have to call them back all the time.
11. I don't know if I will get my money back.
UPS - U Pathetic Sucker