Comcast Corporation Informative - Facts about Comcast Service (employee)
I hate Comcast service as much as the customers do. I dread coming into work everyday to hear screaming customers. Usually it's the same problems everyday;No Dial tone, cannot access voicemail, cannot receive calls, techs not showing up and etc. I truley I have empathy for all Comcast customers out there. It's not that we don't care as customer service rep's, it's that we really can't do anything and I feel helpless. There are some rep's that really want to help and some that don't care but, that's any company. The following are some facts to know about Comcast:
1. Customer Service: A lot of the employees are out source (national call center) and aren't able to connect you to extensions. The training sucks. We're thrown out to take calls not knowing much, except to sound like we know what we're talking about. We have agents telling customers things that aren't true because we don't know and don't have realiable resources to give the correct answers. Honestly we only receive irate customer calls and a few simple good calls. I wish Comcast will get their sh*t together. Comcast doesn't seem to tell new customers that there is an additional charge to connect jacks to our service. We're only required to connect one phone directly to EMTA. They are really slick. Wait before you sign up for the bundle package because it's a contract and you have to pay to terminate service when in the bundle. If you are considering Comcast because that's the only company in your area make sure you write all your questions down to ask. Believe me they won't just give you information. Ask how many jacks they will activate and if there is an additional charge and etc.
2. Requesting Supervisors: When customers request supervisors just to let you know we have regular agents that are assigned to take supervisor calls and do not have any more authority than the reps. Majority of the supervisor's aren't even trained on the service, only thing they do is audit the calls, make sure their employees are meeting their handle time, attendance and etc.
3. Service Calls: We aren't responsible for scheudling. The customer service reps can only give you what's available. We aren't able take out another customers appointment in the place of yours. We can contact some of the dispatchers based off your location to force in a sooner appointment.
4. Dispatch/Technicans: Comcast hires contractors that don't know what their doing and don't care. I believe they are paid commission by how many jobs they complete.
When you have an appointment scheduled and they call your contact number if you don't answer they will not get out the truck and knock on your door. The tech cancels your appointment and moves on to the next house. Isn't that wrong? Well the customer service reps cannot do anything except schedule another appointment and hope it doesn't happen again. We do consider no dial tone as an emergency but we get some many calls in regards to this that dispatch is usually booked.
5. Tickets: To help the rep out and yourself always ask for a ticket number and keep it for your records.(starts with cr1******) Each rep is SUPPOSE to create a ticket for any problem you have that needs to be repaired. These tickets are forwarded to another department depending on the issue to be investigated. Unfortnately some problems cannot be repaired right away it takes a few days. Which I understand why you all get upset. I've seen tickets kept open for months and have never been touched. The only thing we can do is call that department and guess what they tell us? They tell us that they will escalate the ticket, AGAIN. Then we're forced to tell you that it has been escalated and you should hear from someone within 24 hours.
6. Outages: We don't have any info on what caused outages or know if tech are really working on the problem or not.
There are some customers that call that say they never have a problem with the service. It really depends on where you live. To me it's just like cell phone service and not dependable. If live near a lot of trees I wouldn't suggest this service. Most of our problem calls are from Atlanta, MA, NJ,CT and PA. I totally understand how you all feel.
Sorry for all the typos. I just typed this up really quick. If you have any questions post a response and I will try to follow up with you.