DENVER, COLORADO -- As a consumer from your state, I felt it was my responsibility to bring to your attention the following incident.
In October 2004 my company, Primacy Relocation, moved me from Denver Colorado to Memphis, TN. In 2005 as part of my reloction package my compnay sold the house I owned in Denver at 3300 West Union Ave, Englewood 80110.
In the fall of 2006 a $900 delinquency for Xcel energy showed up on my credit report. I called Xcel to find out about the delinquecy but they didn't know anything about it. The charges were protested and the delinquency was dropped from my credit report.
In November 2007, my daughter who lives in Highlands Ranch received a bill from Xcel for $990. When she inquired about the charges she was told they added a $911 charge for a past due amount from the house on Union Ave. the house that was sold in 2005.
When I called Xcel concerning this issue, they indicated the charges were for utility services on the Union Ave house from November 2004 through Novemebr 2005. I requested bills from that time period to show the billings. To date I've only received statement a from July 2005 indicating a balance due of $667, no monthly statemnts have been provided indicating what comparises this amount. The amounts on the July invoice do not add up to the charges on the statement.
Also my company's records indicate the Union Ave property was sold to an outside buyer, the sale closed September 15, 2005. Billing for services are through the end of Novemeber 2005, two months after the property was sold.
On December 12, I made a $220 payment towards the liability so they wouldn't shut off my daughters utilities. This payment is not reflected on the statement I received today.
As a resolution, I would like the following:
1. I want the actualy statements that were sent out with the billings for each month, a month by month accounting of the charges.
2. The address where the bills were sent.
2. Remove the amounts from the period following the date the property was sold in September 2005.
3. An explanation from Xcel as to why it took so long to get this figured out and how they allowed a bill to go unpaid for a year without my knowledge or any contact.
4. In addition I want to know why no one was able to explain the delinquency on my crdit report when I called Xcel in the fall of 2006.
Please contact me if you need more details regarding this incident.