United Credit Adjusters Complaint - Been ripped off by UCA any advice is appreciated

Review by apakiela on 2008-01-24
ASTORIA, NEW YORK -- I have been dealing with UCA for a while now, June 2006. First I was promised full money back if I was unsatisfied. Then I never received any documents to sign. Then I was double charged, causing overdraft/bounced check fees. Then I canceled and thought it was all over. They told me I could not get my money back- SUCKS, but at least its over. 6 days ago(8 monthes after I canceled) I get a call from a woman who says that my account is three monthes past due and I owe them $300 or I will be sent to collections!?!?!?! I inform this woman that I canceled over 8 months ago and that UCA stopped charging me. I demand to speak with a manager and leave a message for a call back. 3 days later they charge me a NEW $100 monthly fee, which I now have my bank working on reversing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated (already sending a certified letter to them and BBB).
Comments:2 Replies - Latest reply on 2008-12-15
Posted by dejavu816 on 2008-02-08:
Well I too was ripped off by this shady outfit too! My advise to you is write a letter to The
Dept of consumer affairs
Veterans Memorial Building
50 E.Main Street
P.O. Box 1255
Freehold, N.J. 07728-1255

They will definately get in touch with them and wil take legal action against them if they have too. That's what I did and waiting for an answer from them.This outfit needs to be shut down and beleive me they have so many complaints against them now just look at their record on the BBB website. Another thing you can do if write to the Attorney General Office of N.J. which you can do on line.The only thing the BBB does is file a complaint against the company but really has no legal power. Good Luck!
By the way anything they can do with your credit report,you can do for free I did it myself and had
information deleted off my credit report by disputing items on your report that's all they do but at a high price.
Posted by michelle12313 on 2008-12-15:
The state of NJ has filed a lawsuit against this terrible company. Go to the state of NJ Department of Consumer Affairs website. Look for a link to email them and lodge your complaint. They are seeking to get restitution for all of the clients that they scammed. Good luck to you.

Your Name:
(displayed with your comment)
Your E-mail:

Your Experience/Advice:
Check spelling

By clicking submit you agree that you have read and accept the Terms of Service & Privacy Policy.

Note: All comments are reviewed by a moderator before being published. Please be sure to read our guidelines before commenting.