Home Depot Informative - Lies and broken promises
WASHOUGAL, WASHINGTON -- Promises from Home Depot and not delivered:
• Install by Home Depot and not an outside contractor. Home Depots point of sale in store and on trucks makes it appear that Home Depot actually installs windows. Asked salesperson and he assured me that Home Depot was doing the install. Spent additional time speaking about this since I would have NEVER gone with them if I knew it was an outside contractor. To clarify his point, the salesperson pointed to his Home Depot smock and said that by having the Home Depot clothes on made him an actual employee.
• Excellent quality windows – over 50% had broken glider/rollers from the factory.
• Expert installation – Installers left metal shards over entire house with no clean-up. Windows were so dirty it took a HD employee 45 minutes per window to clean. Insulation not used when installing new windows letting air and water inside the window. Spaces of up to 4 inches on sides of windows where light and water could come in. All windows taken out of home first and then the two installers went back to the first window to start the install of the new ones. In 36 degree weather this was a lack of common sense and the furnace had to run extra hard to keep up with the cold. Common sense says that you take one out and install the new one, individually.
A disabled person lives in the second home install having to deal with the cold plus the sharp metal shards. Only 1 drop cloth brought on job that was covered with paint so when it was put down in front of the front door, paint chips scattered everywhere. No drop cloth was used inside or out when installing all the windows. The cloth was thrown inside the homes only.
Shims used on the outside of the windows poking through to the inside on about 50% of the windows. For the insides to be finished, these shims needed to be chiseled out.
HD came out to “trim” out the outside of the windows. This consisted of filling in the gap in the “J” channel. The windows do not look professional at all. They should have actually been trimmed using molding over the “J” channel.
Promised quick service but the after the install, HD was to come out and inspect the install. When called the next day after install, homeowner was told it would be two weeks. Only after a loud complaint was this changed.
• “Everything taken care of by Home Depot, promised “no worries”. This has been the most stressful construction job I have ever been involved with and it has lasted 2 months.
• “go with Home Depot instead of a” fly by night” local outfit”. The installers came a day early with absolutely no identifying marks on their clothes or their truck. It literally looked like an installer and his homeless friend that came to help. Extremely unprofessional in all aspects.
• Substantial credit promised over 21 days ago and never received.
• Promised all completed paperwork over 14 days ago and never received
• Promotional windows at $299 plus a $30 disposal fee, total $329. Actual total was $414 per window with NO documentation given to homeowner as to why the difference. Classic “bait and switch” by businesses on promotions.
More Reviews on Home Depot: