Ashley Furniture Informative - What Most Consumers Don't Know About Ashley
HAYS, KANSAS -- It is hard to please anyone when it comes to your home and how specific you want it, but I do have a few things on how to help you with your purchase at Ashley, or any store for that matter.
1. Don't be afraid of the salesperson. They DO know what they are talking about. Being at the store almost every day out of the year, product knowledge is a must. If your salesperson seems to be running away every five minutes to go double check their answers, then it is time to consider asking someone else. It is VERY easy to spot out the knowledgeable sales person. A few clues to look for are how they approach you, if they keep busy with work (not conversing with other employees), and if you ask a question they can respond instantly without hesitation.
2. Ask as many questions as possible!! It is important to question them - if something starts getting fishy you know they don't understand their product. Asking questions also helps you, such as will this fit through my front door? How long does this set normally wear? Will leather fade? What happens if I spill my drink?
3. ASHLEY STORES ARE INDIVIDUALLY OWNED! Not one Ashley store is like the other. If you have bad service in one store - the other won't be the same! Also please keep their warranty in consideration!
"Ashley Furniture HomeStores offer a 1-year warranty to you, the original purchaser. At our discretion, we will correct or REPLACE defective products for the one year from the date you received delivery. The warranty only covers defects in workmanship and construction that occur under NORMAL use and care."
4. Ashley cushion cores are the same density as la-z-boy. If you state Ashley as "cheap" furniture how do you describe la-z-boy? This is why it is important to ask questions!!
5. All Ashley furniture from Ashley stores must be ordered in! This is how Ashley cuts down on the cost of their furniture! They don't have a huge warehouse full of furniture that they tack onto the price of the 'unused' items. Also think of it this way - you are getting a NEW piece that has NOT been used before! If it is NOT satisfactory you can call back in and get it fixed to your liking or replaced! Dates are tentative so please be patient and understanding! Your local Ashley store will work with you!
6. If you have concerns about the care of your furniture, the wear, or any detail, your sales person should know the answer!! If not, call in and ask for a manager the care is simple I promise!!
7. And finally, understanding why there is a delivery charge! Ashley has a delivery charge because that is NOT included in the cost of your furniture. Ashley has an itemized list to help you know exactly what you are charged for. It's just like buying a new car, you choose out the sports package with a few added features, would you sign the deal if you didn't have the itemized list stating what each charge is for? Of course not, because then you may not get what you were "promised". This is why Ashley places each individual item in a list so the customer can know what they are being charged for! Other furniture stores don't use a delivery charge but do you notice how almost the same product is about twice the price you would have paid at Ashley? They add in hidden fees to their furniture and don't itemize out those costs!!
So PLEASE ask questions, and understand Ashley's product! And Customer Service is a MUST!! If you have any other questions you can think of please respond to this post! I will try to explain as much as I can to my knowledge! But keep in mind, the stores are individually owned, and I will not know how your local store has treated you, or how their policies work. But please ask!! Also know this – Ashley is not only the number one selling furniture in America, but it is the number one selling brand in the world!
More Reviews on Ashley Furniture: