Need Help Complaint - Lien

Review by glorias on 2008-02-20
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA -- I would like to know if an attorney ask to be sub-out and I refused due to an Infusion in my neck, therefore my attorney filed to be relived as my counsel. This was granted, I also asked for itemized statement of my account (7/07).. I was informed that a lien was filed againist me, for over $10,000.00. I am confused because my contract stated he would be awarded upon receive of settlement.

I am asking for advise as to what is legal and what am I responsible for.


Comments:5 Replies - Latest reply on 2008-02-21
Posted by StraightShooter on 2008-02-20:
I'd get your phone number off of here, pronto!
Posted by Anonymous on 2008-02-20:
Gloria, do yo have any idea how many wackos just got your number? Call an ATTORNEY!
Posted by tnchuck100 on 2008-02-20:
I agree with SS and zz, remove your phone number.

Try this site. You may get better information than you will find here.
Posted by spiderman2 on 2008-02-20:
An attorney typically has to ask permission from the court to withdraw as your counsel. Reasons for this can be for nonpayment of bills or the client going against advice and putting themselves in a worse position. You and your former attorney should have a contract spelling out what fees you are responsible for in a situation where you did not go through to trial or settlement together. Not matter what, in a contingent fee case (which is sounds like your's is) you still need to pay all costs associated with your case, other than the attorney's hours.
Posted by Anonymous on 2008-02-21:

Your Name:
(displayed with your comment)
Your E-mail:

Your Experience/Advice:
Check spelling

By clicking submit you agree that you have read and accept the Terms of Service & Privacy Policy.

Note: All comments are reviewed by a moderator before being published. Please be sure to read our guidelines before commenting.