Amadeus Home Music School Complaint - Poor Quality Service.... No Refund Given
SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA -- Never received lessons paid...since October 2007
1. First called them on 10/22/07...was given the week of 11/15 as violin lesson start date or at least being contacted by an instructor.
2. Paid, in full, with credit card, $544 on 10/22/07
3. Rented my violin on 11/13/07 ($88.16 paid)
4. I didn't get an instructor until beginning of December....my first lesson wasn't until 12/06/07...The excuse was that they couldn't find anyone that had time to start with a new student.
5. My instructor showed up with no lesson materials. If I hadn't purchased my own "violin for beginners" materials, we would have "winged it."
6. Subsequently, my instructor missed our next lesson on 12/16/07
7. We played phone tag for several weeks...and she didn't call me back until I had complained to Amadeus about calling her 3 times and not getting any response.
8. Then we finally scheduled a lesson on 1/17/08. (2 MONTHS AFTER I HAD PAID FOR THE SERVICE AND RENTED MY VIOLIN, for which, I've already paid $88). And she was over an hour and half late! I couldn't stick around so I had to reschedule!!!!!
9. I have asked nicely about getting a refund. They have not fulfilled their service, they have not checked up on whether or not I'm even satisfied with the service, and they refuse to give me my money back! I have never dealt with such an unprofessional business in my life.
I've paid over $500 dollars for what has been a headache plus one lesson that was iffy at best. When I did ask for a refund, all I got was "that is not our policy." From my experience, their policy is breaching contact, but still taking money from customers. I could see if I was unhappy with the instruction I was getting.
I wouldn't expect a refund at that point. I want to make sure that others are warned before paying that kind of money for poor service.