Toys R Us Complaint - Ridiculous Return Policy When Sent Wrong Product
My daughter received 2 Rose Petal Cottage Washers for Christmas and we had gift receipts for both (one from Target, one from Toys R Us). Since she did not yet have the sink in the set, I decided to exchange one of the washers for a sink and opted for Toys R Us since they were more likely to have it in stock.
I returned the washer to the local T.R.U. store and got a gift card, because the sink was not in stock. I went back repeatedly after being told (repeatedly) they would "have the sink in stock next week". After 6 weeks and 4 trips, I gave up.
I decided to bite the bullet and ordered the sink through the online store, despite having to pay shipping (on top of all the gas I wasted going back and forth to their store). It was in stock, so I used the gift card towards the purchase.
10 days later, I finally received the shipment, but low and behold, it's another washer, not the sink. The invoice says sink, but clearly, it's not a sink in the box.
I called customer services and was told several things that led me to write this complaint.
1. In order to be reimbursed, I had to send the product back.
2. It would be "a few days" before I would get the return label I had to put on the box emailed to me (in other words, I have to print it out, too).
3. I would have to reorder the item, it would not automatically be sent.
4. The item is not in stock and they don't know when they'll be getting more.
5. When I got my refund, it would be added to the gift card I used to make the purchase (which I promptly threw away after making the purchase since it was maxed out).
6. No, there is no other way for them to give me the refund for the washer.
7. The shipping, which was paid for on a different card (incidentally a Visa gift card that has also been thrown away), would be refunded on that card.
8. No, there is no other way to refund the shipping.
So, I have to jump through multiple hoops to get a refund on gift cards I no longer have in my possession, because they made a mistake. And, after all is said and done, I won't even get the item I wanted because they don't have it in stock and don't know when it will be in.
With this kind of customer service, they won't last, and, quite frankly, they deserve it. I know that they certainly won't be getting any more business from me, and, I was a frequent customer.