Home Depot Complaint - Almost A Tragedy - Left Gas Leak In My Home After Installing Dryer
Resolution Update on 03/28/2008:
it was fixed
18517, PENNSYLVANIA -- I purchased washer and gas dryer from Home Depot. Their installers almost killed a family of 3 they left a gas leak that was not noticed for 9 hrs. Thank god I went to go get gas for my car and I smelled it as soon as I came to the door. We were exposed either a spark or gas inhalation would have been the end.
I called the store they gave me a customer service number which was closed. I called my maintenance man immediately and he came and found fitting were not tight he fixed them. They sent a guy back next day and he said everything looked ok and I told him my maintenance guy fixed it already. I was offered 100 gift card but refused mine and my children lives are worth more than that they will not take an email from their site so I am hoping they see this and know I am not done with that company.
I am disgusted and upset it was my first time to Home Depot and my last I just want them to know what could have happened and how petrified me and my girls were to go to sleep that night for fear of not waking up