Citifinancial Auto Complaint - Citifinancial Auto = Nightmare
RIVERSIDE, CALIFORNIA -- If you have the option to finance or refinance your car loan, PLEASE think twice about going with Citifinancial Auto. They've been nothing but a nightmare to me. Here's the email I wrote to them on Thursday March 13th 2008:
My name is Tim Soto and I'm a (fairly) new Citi Financial Auto customer. I have a complex situation and I'm in desperate need of assistance because I've spent too much personal time and energy trying to fix it. There's a lot that's gone on but I'll try to break it down to make it less confusing...
1. Early February my E-Loan car payment account was transferred over to a Citi account without me knowing.
2. I never received a packet in the mail letting me know that I'm a new Citi customer so I had no idea what my account number was (a coworker of mine also had an E-Loan account switched over and he received a packet in the mail a few days after the transfer).
3. I called and spoke with a woman who told me I had a payment due right away for $269.60. I explained that I was upset because I didn't receive anything letting me know my account information and she apologized but that I'd have to pay the $15 fee for over-the-phone payment. She assured me that I would be credited back the $15 on my next bill (which would mean I'd owe $254.60)
4. I called and spoke with another rep and explained that I still had not received a packet in the mail and they assured me that one was on it's way. I also asked for my account number and he gave it to me.
5. I tried to set up an online account but kept getting an error message after filling out my personal information. I emailed about the situation and received a reply from Tanisha [snip]. She explained that the username/password has to be set up with specific characters (which is not stated ANYWHERE on your site for some reason). Once I followed the strict guidelines I was finally able to create an account.
6. It showed a payment on 3/3/08 so I figured everything was fine. I checked back the next day and then it said it was "reversed" and had a payment due date of 3/2/08 for the total of $254.70. I did not receive an email or phone call about it being reversed so I was very confused. I waited a few days for an answer and then ended up emailing Tanisha [snip] because I didn't want to have a late fee, or worse (I didn't want to make a payment and then have it kick the direct debit back in and ultimately make me pay double). I emailed her on 3/6/08 and did not receive a reply so I emailed her again on 3/11/08 - still no reply.
7. It's extremely hard for me to call Citi Financial because I'm PST time and when I get off work you guys are closed. I do Technical Support and am on the phones throughout the day so I'm unable to call during my work hours. Email is the best option for me but I've received very little help through it.
8. Someone named "Mrs. Thomas" called and left a message for me today and I called back within 10 minutes. I spoke with "Samson" in Customer Support and she was extremely rude and not helpful at all. I tried to explain the situation to her but she didn't want to listen and told me that I could make the payment over the phone but would be charged $15 (again) - this obviously isn't acceptable to me, especially seeing as I already set up direct debit through the website. She did mention that I shouldn't have been charged the $15 the first time because "E-Loan customers don't have to pay any fee's over the phone". Seems like she just contradicted herself there.
9. I called back and spoke with another Customer Support rep (who was MUCH nicer) but told me that there's a late fee on my account and that I'd have to pay $10 for the late fee and another $15 for paying over the phone. So the payment is going to be $25 MORE now?! I thanked her for her time and asked if I could speak with a supervisor. I was on hold for about 10-15 minutes and then the phone started to ring. I expected to talk with a supervisor but instead got a voicemail for someone named Alicia.
10. I tried my best to explain everything in the voicemail to Alicia and then had to hang up (the recording said I only had 15 more seconds to leave the rest of my message). I'm waiting for Alicia to call me back but I'm worried she won't (just my luck). If anyone could PLEASE reply back to this email and/or call my cell phone 951.907.8087.
I just want to pay the $254.70 that I owe and then let the direct debit $269 payments go through every month thereafter. I really don't think this is too much to ask and I'd really appreciate some help.
Please don't reply back telling me to call in about this situation because I've already called and explained it to about 5 different people. If you could forward this to a supervisor (or if you could forward this to "Alicia" in Customer Support - unlikely, I know) I'd greatly appreciate it.
I've been doing a lot of research on Citifinancial Auto and it looks like a TON of people are having problems with them too. At this point I'm not really sure what to do. It's Saturday March 15th and I've yet to receive a call or email from anyone at their company. I'm almost ready to give them a call and just pay the extra $25 and get it over with. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!