Circuit City Complaint - Circuit City's poor customer service
SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA -- Case #715262
- I order a DVD recorder from circuitcity.com. It's set to be a Christmas Gift for my dad.
- Post office claims FedEx lost the package
- FedEx verifies package is lost
- Customer Service Rep "Arnold". Circuit City is notified of lost package, promises me a refund in 7-14 business days.
- Customer Service Rep "Joan". Circuit city records do not show a request for a refund, new request put in, please wait 7-14 business days.
- Customer Service Rep "Paul". Circuit City records show refund request, still not processed. Paul says they are maybe waiting for the package to be returned to Circuit City. I could not comprehend what he was saying due to a very thick accent.
- Customer Service Rep "Sheena". She escalates my call to management.
- I get a call from Corporate headquarters, promising refund
Today in WAMU account:
3/19/2008 MC-CIRCUITCITY.COM CUST S DOSWELL +$312.16
Three months later, I finally get my refund.
I am bothered as to why I was "lied" to when I was told a refund was coming. It took 3 calls for them to finally process it. Were they lying to me when they said "we'll process a refund in 7-14 business days", hoping that I would give up and forget?
Imagine if I hadn't called back and I had waited 7-14 business days. NOBODY in their customer service center would have paid attention to my case number, and nobody would have taken any action. Why did it take so long for my case to get to Corporate?
I had to end up buying a DVD recorder from a competitor instead, who had shipped me my product 4 days after I paid for it.
I really hope other customers don't have to go through such poor service like I had to. I am left with a very empty experience from this.