Comcast Corporation Informative - Stop overcharging and wasting my time.
MERCER ISLAND, WA 98040, WASHINGTON -- I've been trying to solve a problem with Comcast for more than a year. I basically gave up, but just when I thought I could live with things, Comcast went out of its way to waste my time and reopen the wound.
For reasons that are long, boring, and really make no sense, last summer I agreed to a deal with Comcast to pay more than I had to for all three services: A Triple Play.
Then earlier this week, I received a letter from Comcast telling me that I was going to receive REWARDS because I was a Triple Play participant. All I had to do was take a minute or two and log in to their site. Hey, thanks! Here's what happened next.
1) Couldn't log on to the site. Too busy.
2) After a couple of hours, I was able to log on to site. Entered information requested, and told my information didn't match their records. Please reenter.
3) After several fruitless re-entries of information, I was directed to call Comcast.
4) Called Comcast. Placed on hold.
5) Comcast operator unable to tell me why I received letter. Mentions that I'm going off "promotional rate". I asked what "promotional rate?" No coherent answer.
6) I ask to speak with supervisor. Operator grills me on reason and then says no supervisors available. One will call tomorrow.
7) No supervisor calls.
8) I email "Rick G" who is Comcast Vice President and advertises that any request for assistance directed to him will receive a reply in 24 hours. After 72 hours, no response.
9) Go on Comcast help forum and ask for help. Moderator promises fast response. Promised assistance never materializes.
10)On so it goes.
No one call explain my bill, why I am paying more than the "Triple Play" rate, and why I received a letter than cost me several hours of aggravation only to find out that Comcast wouldn't honor its own offer for a reason that no one can explain.