[X]

1
Helpful
Votes

Taj Of India Complaint - Taj Of India Food Made Me Sick

Review by Unhappy57 on 2008-05-23
LITTLETON, COLORADO -- I ate at the Littleton Colorado restaurant Taj of India previously and enjoyed the food. I ordered some bread to take out and later found hair in it (after eating some of it).

I decided to give them another try, but within 2 hours of eating at their buffet, I was hit with a massive vomiting and diarrhea attack.

When I called to tell them, they completely blew me off. They said I had an allergic reaction. Yeah, to bacteria laden food!!
Comments:11 Replies - Latest reply on 2008-05-23
Posted by Anonymous on 2008-05-23:
maybe your tummy cant handle ethnic cuisine
Posted by Anonymous on 2008-05-23:
Sure looks like another food infection. Bacillus cereus is a common culprit in Indian and Chinese cuisine. So is staph aureus. Fortunately, attacks are pretty well self-limiting, unless one is elderly or immunocompromised. The place should have stepped up to the plate with something better than "food allergy".
Posted by Anonymous on 2008-05-23:
No wonder those folks stay so skinny.
Posted by Anonymous on 2008-05-23:
What? The food isn't bad when you go to a decent place.
Anyplace where you have food being reused and reheated you are asking for trouble.
Posted by heaven17 on 2008-05-23:
Why do people automatically assume that the last thing they ate is what made them sick?
If you got ill a few hours after eating something you cooked yourself, would you still think it was food poisoning?
Posted by Anonymous on 2008-05-23:
I do and know that it was from the dish that I made. Some strains can hit within hours and in some cases even sooner.
Posted by Anonymous on 2008-05-23:
heaven17-Staphylococcal food poisoning has an onset of between 2-4 hours after ingestion. Onset can be sooner if there is a high bacterial load. Bacillus cereus incubation is 6-8 hours or sooner. If the food is heavily contaminated, and there is enough bacterial toxin already present in the food, onset can be as soon as 15-30 minutes (for staph). Symptoms generally last only hours (N/V/D) and resolve without lasting effect...unlike Salmonella which can last for weeks. Hope this explains.
Posted by Anonymous on 2008-05-23:
Zz, I believe we have seen complaints on Taj Of India, Littleton, CO. before?
Posted by Anonymous on 2008-05-23:
Thanks Doc, I had made some green chile one night and after the first bowl I lost it from "everywhere" and had flu-like symptoms. Aches a fever and all. The next morning I felt fine. I remember a science teacher back in school saying that the 24 Hour Flu was some kind of food poisoning.
Posted by Anonymous on 2008-05-23:
We did, Supes? I'll check.
Posted by Anonymous on 2008-05-23:
You're welcome, zz. Your science teacher was right. There is no such thing as '24-hour stomach flu'. Viral gastroenteritis lasts longer than 24 hours and common food poisoning lasts less than 24 hours. The nastier versions of food poisoning can last longer (E. coli, Salmonella, etc.). For those, testing is needed to establish a differential diagnosis. Fun facts to know and tell.

Your Name:
(displayed with your comment)
Your E-mail:
(required)

Your Experience/Advice:
Check spelling


By clicking submit you agree that you have read and accept the Terms of Service & Privacy Policy.


Note: All comments are reviewed by a moderator before being published. Please be sure to read our guidelines before commenting.