RCN Complaint - Bad experience with RCN
FOREST HILLS, NEW YORK -- Here is a list of the troubles I've had with RCN
1) Installation technician told me he was giving me cables that would allow me to view the HD channels in HD. They turned out to be regular component cables that did not allow me to view the HD channels in true HD
2) All menus experience a delay. You will push the guide button and 2 seconds later, the guide menu will appear
3) The cable box constantly reboots, and it could very well be during the time you are recording something on DVR.
4) Customer Service representatives are rude, uninformed and not very helpful.
5) Each time I've called for service re: billing or technical support, I've always been on hold for at least 30 min.
6) However, when I called to add premium channels or called to install RCN cable services, my call was answered without any wait.
Of course, when I called to cancel, I called multiple times and was transferred around over 10 times and never got to the so called "retention/cancellation" department. Not to mention, I asked for a direct dial to that dept from 6 different representatives and I got 6 different numbers.
And I wonder why they have to go through these tacts to get customers to stay with them.
If you are part of RCN management, bit of advice - best thing to do is offer better service all around and customers will stay.