Capital One Complaint - Unethical Charges, Failure To Properly Close Account, Breach Of Contract
CITY OF INDUSTRY, CALIFORNIA -- Capitol One is the #1 BAD ACTOR in my book. Here's what happened to us just LAST WEEK.
We got on to talk with a customer service representative. I am helping my friend who is a foreign national. Capital One CSR's have been deliberately using his language barrier against him. So my friend asked me to help him. My family name has been in the United States since the 1630's. And my family was pioneers to our current home--here since 1847.
1) Aziz asked Capitol One for a payoff amount. It was given to him. He sent a check.
2) Capitol One received the check....but held it for approximately one week
3) Late FEE Charges were charged, as well as overdraft fees and over the limit fees.
4) Aziz then paid for these charges. MORE FEES WERE THEN APPLIED BY @#%#@#$%@#$ UNETHICAL !@#$!@# accountants at....you guessed it.....CAPITOL ONE
5) AZIZ CALLS ME just last week.....
6) I help, by calling the CSR's and insist on NAMES and EMPLOYEE numbers!
6.5) They delay giving me this information for 30 minutes!
7) WAIT.....IT GETS BETTER!!!!!
8) the tier 2 CSR MANAGER agrees to a payoff amount...also to send written notice...that's WRITTEN NOTICE OF AGREEMENT FROM Capitol One on the "corrected payoff amount".
8A) While I am there, Mr. Aziz pays off his accounts (2) IN FULL using CAPTIOL ONE'S ONLINE SERVICE. I insist that we make numerous printouts. The Balance read Zero!
9) The 2nd Tier CSR Manager agrees to CLOSE THE ACCOUNT once the "agreed balance reaches zero"
10) Mr. Aziz then checks his account online.
11) AND HERE IT IS, FOLKS! one day later, Aziz's account reads $700 more!!! NO NEW CHARGES, JUST $700+ IN SERVICE FEES! aaaAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!
12) Mr. Aziz is now contacting an attorney. We had recorded the call.
Thank you for your support.
Previously Ripped Off Capitol One Customer
More Reviews on Capital One: