Conn's Appliances Complaint - Conn's Service?
TEXAS -- I purchased a 52" 1080p from Conn's at the end of 2006 with a three year extended warranty. 9 months after the purchase, the lamp burned. This was fixed by service. At the time of the purchase I was told the lamp burns every 2 years.
A few months later from time to time I started having airflow issue. TV would start shutting down.
· Friday May 30, 2008: The airflow problem became consistent. TV began to shutdown whenever I turned it on. The message indicated an airflow problem. TV would start shutting down each time this message shows up.
· Friday May 30, 2008: Called service and was placed on hold. Unable to speak to a rep, I called Conn's store and asked for their help securing me a call from service.
· Store said they would try to get service to call me that afternoon. No call from service.
· Saturday May 31, 2008: I called service at 10:32. Spoke to a service rep. She said that she would call me back with an appointment. I mentioned to her that I was out of town and asked her to please call my cell phone, and leave me a message. She said that she would. No one called.
· In the mean time I am tired of this cat and mouse game and the TV started behaving a little. I could watch it for an hour or two before it gives me the same airflow message and shut down.
· Friday June 6, 2008: Service called my work in the morning. Left a message to confirm an appointment for 01:00 PM. Wondering when that appointment was made, I called service & told them that I was at work and not aware of any appointment. The lady said that she will cancel & call me back. Received no call. I called service to see the status of the appointment. She said that she would give me an appointment for Monday June 16, 2008 (that would make it 16 days after my original attempt to call service). I accepted it and said to her that I would call the store. She said that I could but if the store calls her, she would tell them the same thing that she told me.
· Saturday June 7, 2008: Frustrated with no TV, I called the store to complain. I was told by an honest and yet a frustrated employee that there were plenty of people calling and complaining. I was asked to call the HQ @ 800-280-1514. Folks…. Start calling this number.
· Saturday June 7, 2008: I called the HQ. Spoke to a customer support rep. Explained my dilemma and asked him for direction. He asked me to call Monday at 08:00. Gave me a reference number.
There are two issues I am battling here.
1. Product issue:
I have checked a few web sites and blogs. Come to find out that I am not the only one who is having the same problems. I found plenty of complaints about lamps burning a few months after the purchase and airflow problem. I have notified the Mitsubishi HQ. As a consumer, try to find out who to contact.
2. Service issue:
This is not so much about a bad product but the service that was sold to me. Conn’s can not back its own warranty in a professional manner. I am not playing politics with these guys. I have done more research than Conn’s would like me to.
Conn’s service department is a joke. Like a circus without a ring master. It consists of people who are disorganized, rude, lazy and completely unaware of the company’s bottom line which is to provide service. Stores are overwhelmed with calls from unhappy customers. So, take it easy on those store associates.
More Reviews on Conn's Appliances: